Follow up with surgeon today

LMW
LMW Member Posts: 32
hi everyone some positive news. We saw the surgeon today to follow up after lumpectomy and he is positive he cleaned it all out and the pathology is all clear too!!! He took the lymph nodes too and only one showed any cancer. We see Arlene Chan Oncologist 3rd May to get chemo organised so onward and upward

Comments

• rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    That is fantastic news
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Great news ..onto the next stage.  :) One box ticked. 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Breathe and take step :)
  • LMW
    Thank you ladies. It's nice to know a little more about what's going on. It's been very quick from diagnosis to operation so my head is still spinning. I hope everyone has a lovely Easter break xoxo
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    All the best LMV it is a whirlwind from scans to surgery! So you have your pathology back?? you said chemo, so do you have your treatment plan or is that when you see the Oncologist? Big hugs, it is difficult mentally right now, hang in there, step at a time. Melinda xo
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Fantastic news! 1st hurdle over and done with! Xx
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    Woo hoo, great news! Time to relax and enjoy the Easter break :) xx 
  • LMW
    Yes it is great news and I'm very happy. Still have this drain in though lol. It doesn't seem to want to get down to the 30mls for 2 days hahaha
  • SoldierCrab
    Mine took a while to get down to 30mls
  • LMW
    Mines been in 10 days how long was yours in?
  • SoldierCrab
    about 2.5wks it seemed like ages while going through it. but now I realise it was quick and one of the easier stages of my roller coaster ride.... I am now cancer free. 
  • LMW
    Awww that's fantastic to hear!!!! Congrats xoxo
  • Bellablor
    Bellablor Member Posts: 10
    Hi LMW, I feel I'm following a similar path. Still got my drain in after 3 weeks. Saw Arlene chan also and start chemo on the 3 rd of May! We might sit next to each other one day! My head is still spinning , I'm trying to turn it off! Good luck Paula x
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hey @LMW,Fantastic news.  I ended up with my second drain in for 8 weeks. :( but having said that when it was removed (surgeon thought the drain itself was causing irritation and fluid) I did not get a seroma. :) - still have a little bit of fluid surrounding my implant  but that is slowly being absorbed by my system. So  all is good. Xx Cath
  • LMW
    That's great news Cath. My drain was down to 30mls today so fingers crossed it's heading in the right direction. Enjoy your Easter break xo