In an Unrelenting Journey....lets see whats the smallest thing that brightens your day?

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Today's good thing (and we are only half way through) was 5 minutes deep relaxation after 2 hrs of gym and yoga. My knees will be yelling tomorrow, but oh, the sense of calm and achievement. 
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    edited March 2017
    OMG I go to enjoy the serenity and I missed a whole conversation hahahaha! @iserbrown I will definitely look into it again, for me its about co-ordinating my partner and kids all on different schedules, my youngest in VCE so hmmm. @Zoffiel I cannot stop laughing!!! I want some too!!! 

@Cate64 AHA!!!! Yes no surpise! You are a Super Star!!! I'm exhausted with all you have done and going to do! I love it! Your passion honestly shines through when you talk about it, its inspiring Cate! Youre inspiring! Can't wait to hear more about it! 

@nikkid Big sigh!!! Beautiful! and they are the most important things aren't they? I admit my Partner and kids are super important...right now however hahahaha Im living alone and enjoying thoroughly healing time and its been the best part of this journey! :) 

@Ally Jay Isnt it incredible how things work? you think with all the treatment just how damn difficult it would be to continue to enjoy your knitting...and yet you DO!!! what sorts of things do you knit?? 

@Afraser You go girl!! that's impressive OMG, says me shuffling around LOL about to have a shower. 

Ladies this has made my day!! so great to hear of some positives in our lives!!! YAY!!!! What I like the most of what everyone is talking about is...it's all about YOU! the things that bring you peace and nurture you! 

Hugs everyone!! :smiley:
  • Kat09
    Kat09 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 269

What a beautiful thing to post Mel. It really gets us thinking of all the simple things that make us smile and for all the things that we have in our lives that we hold dear.

For me, today I'm so happy that my husband and I have a weekend to ourselves and for the glass of bubbles tonight that I have been looking forward to since the start of my treatment. ( to celebrate the end of my 1st stage )

xx

• melclarity
    Hey @kat09 yeah I think we have to force ourselves sometimes because it really is hard going!!! so its nice to try and find just the simplest things! 

How wonderful end of Stage 1 Fantastic!!! Ohhh bubbles!!! I havent had that for sooo long!!! Sounds so great, ENJOY!! Hugs xxx
  • melclarity
    @Ally Jay Ohhh they are so gorgeous!!!! how cute are they!! Awww I can see why you can't stop! xo
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Ally Jay a lady after my own heart. I always have a knitting project on the go and carry knitting in my handbag. Most that I  know that given up on knitting or they are cleaning out Mum's stuff I end up with patterns and wool. I have oodles of wool waiting for me to get into. Need to finish a couple of projects before I start the next one.
    Click clack! Take care xx 
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Today I looked forward to my TaiChi class with a wonderful bunch of people. Today I actually felt good for the first time in two weeks, it was such an exhilarating feeling. I even managed to live in the moment most of the day enjoying the feeling of "well". Today I felt I could get through this, even though I am only starting the ordeal.
  • melclarity
    @Unicornkisses sounds like a great day! So happy for you...and that's the whole point isnt it? Inspite of just starting, you were able to enjoy the moment. Tai chi is something ive always wanted to do! Its on my list! Hugs xo 
  • melclarity
    @Brenda5 awww nah I think you're human! Glad youre enjoying the Summit too! I love nature so I know exactly how you feel, how beautiful! Love it! Simple, simple, simple...I think so too, I strip it all back and I just find more peace in those simple things now, doesnt take much to make me happy at all! Right on...no rush at all...xo
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    My husband always gets me through each chemo session . He is my rock. He took me out to have coffee the other day when I was feeling a bit down and not feeling like being there. As I was sitting in the coffee shop I noticed a small child sitting near us who just kept smiling at me .she had such a lovely smile, I soon snaped out of the gloom I was feeling and had to smile too. It is definitely the little thing that get us through. I enjoyed  lunch with friends last week and when my daughter in law asked if I liked to come for baked dinner on Sunday night, I think life is pretty good. 
  • melclarity
    Hey Wendy! I love hearing about these wonderful husbands! It is something I definitely missed through this journey...so its so incredibly lovely to hear! Interesting isnt it something as simple as a child smiling at you can bring you to be in just that moment! Friends and family well youve had a great week! Hugs xo
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Brenda5 just read your post and you hinted that some days are not so good!  I do hope you got a lot of benefit out of Conference; they can be hard work and very beneficial! 
    Take care xx