So delicious

Zoffiel
Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
edited February 2017 in Day to day
Drum roll....Today I managed to have lunch, and enjoy it. I've finally, just before my last chemo, identified the tiny window of opperchancity where I can eat, and taste, a normal meal.
It all turns to rubbish again next week but I am soooo looking forward to this time next month when the poisoning is over and I can get back to eating normal food. I will never eat another boiled potato, rice cake with cream cheese or bowl of icecream again once this is over.
Went and saw the shrink ( why do these people make me feel like I'm the grown up in the room? Cunning ruse, I'm sure) which lead to buying 'fat' jeans. So I could go to lunch and eat fish and chips. With wine. And salad. Then I went for a massage and didn't fall asleep or fart. 
Today was a good day.

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    I think if I saw a shrink I would send him/her crazy and get in trouble lol. My after chemo was over goal was a hot and cold seafood for one worth over $50. It took over an hour to eat and I didn't share either. ;)
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Lol. Can relate. I don't think I'll ever eat another cheese toastie.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Hooray, well done!
  • SusieQ2
    SusieQ2 Member Posts: 26
    My goal through chemo was to make it to Christmas and enjoy a beautiful traditional Christmas lunch ... a few days before Christmas, lunch was shifted to a breakfast to allow others to visit family at lunchtime ... breakfast cereal and fruit just didn't cut it after months of chemo, nausea and mouth ulcers!  Will have to wait for Christmas in July now :smile:
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    edited February 2017
    I can't face Lentil soup as I basically ate that for about 5 months only thing I could keep down.
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    SusieQ2 I'd be going for Christmas in February and March AND APRIL ;) Xx