Finished chemo and bad news

jadziatoo
jadziatoo Member Posts: 38
edited February 2017 in Newly diagnosed
Hi all,
I have my sixth and last round of TCH chemo which is good news. But while I was talking to my Oncologist she said that the MRI I had on Monday found pre cancerous cells in my right breast. So now both breast are affected. I see my breast surgeon on Monday so I will have to see what he recommends but I am thinking I might do a double mastectomy.
Ang

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh bummer. But so good it has been found now and you can plan in one op. The DCIS don't always become cancerous...but I'm sure you would always be anxious knowing it was there even with close monitoring. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Double is doable, Jadz. 
  • LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    We just never know what is around the corner.  Doesn't seem fair but that's life. Sounds like you have an excellent oncologist who is right on any problems. Sending positive thought my dear. Keep us posted. And be extra kind to yourself.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    They have been detected early, pre-cancerous!  What a shock however how good is that to have been found so early!
     Try not to stress too much!  It's wonderful that your team is being so thorough.  Take care xx
  • jadziatoo
    It was good news that it was found before surgery. It was a bit of a shock that it was found. 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    So sorry you have had that extra bit of bad news Jadziatoo, but thank goodness you had the MRI and it was found nice and early.  Sounds like you have a wonderful medical team and you will get all the information needed to help you make the best treatment decision.  sending a hug and good luck for your appointment on Monday.  Jane xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Well with a double mast, at least your clothes will sit properly. I have only one side gone and my shirts sit odd and my buttons never want to align properly. ;)
    Share Member Posts: 217
    Hi Jadz, 

What a bugger that you think you are at the end of chemo (tick it off the list) and there is another shink to your armour ! 
    For all the advice that you will hear, the positive thing to take out of this is it is (a) pre cancerous and (b) found before surgery. Even though you were preparing yourself for a mastectomy it is now a double and that is another hurdle. 

Be kind to yourself and take the time to just take all of it in. 

Best wishes to you xx

Sheryl
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Monster slayer - You just have a slightly larger foe!! Your foe however is discovered and not lying in wait for you!! So much better finding out now. Good luck for Monday - let us know how you get on. Xx 
  • RNSW
    RNSW Member Posts: 121
    Hi Ang,
    Sorry to hear about your results. I wish none of us had to go through this. Thinking of you and wishing you the best.
    Rita xo 
  • jadziatoo
    Hi all,
    Well, my breast surgeon said that I will be having a mastectomy on my left breast. He wants to do a core biopsy to confirm the pre cancerous cells on the right. So he will hold off on surgery until all the results are in. I have another appointment in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all your support.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Thanks for updating us. Thoughts are with you. 
  • Nadi
    Nadi Member Posts: 619
    Keeping my fingers crossed for your biopsy.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @jadziatoo I just wanted to send you the biggest hug, because I KNOW what a hell of a shock all of this is to you. No words can take any of it away, but know that you are heard and you are so very supported here with all of us! We get it! Deep breath and like Share (Sheryl) said, its pre cancerous, so you are in such a great position. Deep breath, one thing and one step at a time is the best thing I could ever say to you, because its so easy to get overwhelmed and swept away, so back to this moment and then the next. Thinking of you xo Melinda 
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Sending you a huge hug. Delays are never easy but delays because you're waiting on results are the hardest. Wishing you all the best Ang. Xx