Waiting

Nenemiles
Nenemiles Member Posts: 54
Hi ladies I hope you are all doing OK. I said I would let you all know how things were going. Well I went and seen a GP I use to go to and she said she wants me to go to a breast clinic at the gold coast. She thinks it could be a blocked milk duct but said discharge from one breast is strange. So she wants it checked and said because of the dense breast they might do a MRI just to make sure nothing is hiding but told me nothing is 100% so now I have to wait for appointment. Will let u all know how that goes. Keep your chins up I am thinking of u all. Hugs xo

Tagged:

Comments

• Karenhappyquilter
    Karenhappyquilter Member Posts: 242
    Good luck.  The waiting is hard. I too am now waiting on more tests. I am going to stick with a mindful meditation every morning.  I use the cd from the Cancer Society. Karen 
  • Nenemiles
    Thanks Karen I think I might try some meditation as the stress is hard but thinking positive.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Great she has referred you for a full investigation. A really good GP.
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    All the best. Got everything crossed for you.
  • Nenemiles
    Thanks lady's keeping fingers crossed. Positive thoughts. 
  • RNSW
    RNSW Member Posts: 121
    Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way xo
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    @Nenemiles, thanks for keeping us updated. Also wonderful that you have confidence in your gp and she certainly is proactive enough to warrant that confidence. Please let us know when you have your appointment. Big hugs. Xx Cath
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    It's great that your doctor is being so thorough.  And, the MRI will remove any remaining uncertainty and we all know how important peace of mind is.  Good luck, sending positive thoughts.  Jane xx
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @Nenemiles thanks for letting us know, so glad you saw your GP, so you can't ring and book an appointment? is there a waiting list? When I started this journey I went private through a hospital, the one thing I always liked about that was Id be there for like 4hrs but Id see a Doctor and Id have an Ultrasound and Mammogram done and get all results that day. So Id know everything before leaving, really has been over the past 10years a real god send! as there is so much you cannot control when it comes to alot of this journey. Hugs! keep us updated! step at a time. Melinda xo
  • Nenemiles
    Thanks ladies I will keep you all informed. Melinda yes I have to go on a wait list. But I refuse to stress to much. But still hate waiting.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Years ago when I was about 40 I went to the dr as I had finished breastfeeding my sons a decade ago and I could still milk out white out of one breast and the other one was green. No joke it was! I had xrays and mammogram but they couldn't find out why so the GP said you just have to live with it. I was on the pill so I am not sure if that was a funny side effect on me. Since breast cancer 13yrs later, the white discharge breast was the one I had removed with a mastectomy. The other doesn't have anything much at all in the way of green discharge. Perhaps its because I am not on the pill any more or because of Tamoxifen which I now take?
  • Nenemiles
    Well ladies hi I thought I would let you all know my appointment at Robina  breast clinic on the 8th of May I have waited 3 months its almost here and I am more worried than I thought I would be. Well I will let you all know what happens. Thanks and hugs to you all.
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    Wow that seems so odd 3 months? gee...Ive never heard of waiting more than weeks even in public, especially when its a referral of potential breast cancer. Hope it goes well. Melinda xo
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    That is a long time to wait - good luck and let us know how you go @Nenemiles

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Good news - an appointment ! Yay!  Best wishes