Christmas Cheer

KatieT
KatieT Member Posts: 56
I've been a bit depressed lately and haven't been motivated to do much.  Some horrible tests ahead and nothing every seems to turn out right - we all know that feeling. Life seems miserable.

So I decided Christmas cheer was in order.  We haven't made a big thing of Christmas in the past but now it seems like a wonderful reason to go and buy a beautiful new tree (did that yesterday) and have lots of fun with decorations and pretty things.  We don't do expensive presents but I still had fun thinking about small things for my children and some Christmas frills around the house. Family things seem more important than ever. 

Last night I sat and watched the lights on the tree twinkling and smiled.  Small moments are important these days.  

I found a web page with some lovely craft ideas for tree dangles.  You might like it too. 
http://www.faithtap.com/4909/nothing-cookie-cutter-about-these-christmas-ornaments/

Comments

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @KatieT

That sounds so wonderful!! I totally agree with you, amazing isnt it how the simplest of things warm your heart and make you smile. Thats me too these days!! I too bought a new tree!! LOL funny that!!! and feel like making a fuss this year and enjoy being together.

Thanks for sharing!!! Goodness knows, we are all going through a horrendous amount of things all the time, so its nice to deviate and let go of the frustration and sadness that we face and find joy if for but a moment.
    Hugs Melinda xo
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    It must be contagious l too bought new decorations all pink of course. enjoy your lights thete is something magical about a sparkly xmas tree. xxxx
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264

@KatieT

That sounds so wonderful!! I totally agree with you, amazing isnt it how the simplest of things warm your heart and make you smile. Thats me too these days!! I too bought a new tree!! LOL funny that!!! and feel like making a fuss this year and enjoy being together.

Thanks for sharing!!! Goodness knows, we are all going through a horrendous amount of things all the time, so its nice to deviate and let go of the frustration and sadness that we face and find joy if for but a moment.
    Hugs Melinda xo

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Hey there ladies I've not made a big deal about Xmas before either but I just had my other boob off today as a preventative and have even more reason to celebrate mine too is going to have a pink and silver theme we should all post pics of our trees
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    @onemargie fantastic idea  :)
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    There's no room in our house this year because inner city living shoebox style doesn't permit my having a work desk AND festive decor. I'd given up and I've felt much the same way. But yesterday while I was shopping I saw the homewares shops going nuts with Christmas accessories. I was so happy to see it all that I was invigorated and grabbed a couple of glittery stems to go in the fake flower tubs I have put up to stop the cats getting behind the television :lol: It's silly but it's something and it does MAKE ME SMILE when I look at it and that's the whole point. Any tiny glimmer of happiness, whether it's "silly" or not. Grab it at every opportunity!

Thank you for your post.
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    edited November 2016
    Do you have any wall space, @InkPetal? You could do something like this: http://bit.ly/2gGWCIk
  • InkPetal
    InkPetal Member Posts: 499
    I do @Cosette_BCNA! What a great idea!!
  • rowdy
    rowdy Member Posts: 1,165
    Hi ladies I'm a carer in the community and today i chatted with the girls I work with and have decided to put together a calender for a special client. We are all going to take a photo of ourselves with our animals and pu it together to give to her as a christmas gift from all her carers. I have also brought here one of those annoying toys that sings merry christmas and  some flashing lights I will put up tomorrow. Christmas is a time to celebrate life
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I once thought only have our family of 5 only for Xmas a little depressing...love the big family things but my parents have passed and siblings moved. This year though, I just look forward to prepping special meals with each 3 boys (each chooses a course to cook ) and just the joy of being together.

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    I have enjoyed reading about the Christmas cheer. I have been feeling a bit down lately, starting back on chemo after a 2 year break was not my Chritmas wish. My children have grown up and are spending Christmas with there partners families this year but will be visiting Boxing day. So I was not going to worry about Chritmas decortions. ,but now after reading your post I definitely think I would feel better with a bit of decotations and a Christmas tree with lights. Thank you.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    your tree is lovely Melinda. Yes, Christmas does work its magic. Such simple things like a tree and lights can bring us so much peace and joy. (specially when put together with loved ones) Jane x