Keeping in touch

Triciasid
Triciasid Member Posts: 13
edited September 2016 in Health and wellbeing
Time does seem to go by quickly sometimes - thought I would update what has been happening.  Soon after second operation to get lymph nodes out I ended up in hospital with a twisted bowel.  (Luckily didn't need the big operation but they cleared it).  Had confirmation I will not be needing chemo, just radiation.  The Oncologist wanted the swelling under my arm drained which was done yesterday.  Wow, so much liquid came out and it looked like just blood.  Feel more comfortable today.  In a couple of hours I am off to see the physiotherapist at the hospital, and then on Friday I get to the radiation area where they will be trying me on a system where I hold my breath for about 25 minutes.  This is to help keep the heart and lungs safe.  Not sure if I will be able to hold the breath that long as have a nasty head cold - again.  All in all feeling good and positive on everything though.  Hope everyone is feeling good themselves.

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Such a relief to get that drained isn't it? I had it done 3 or 4 times over a period of weeks. Well wishes for your radiotherapy.
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Hope that is the last time you need to be drained - feels like holding a tennis ball under the arm.  Hope your head cold clears up quickly and sending my best wishes for your radiation.  
  • Chanel
    Chanel Member Posts: 72
    25 seconds is long enough to hold your breath. Get well from your cold  first xo
  • Triciasid
    Triciasid Member Posts: 13
    Haha.  Just read that I have put 25 minutes to hold breath instead of 25 seconds.  Don't anticipate holding it that long!!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Hope all goes well with radiotherapy.