finished chemo

Vinn2016
Vinn2016 Member Posts: 72
edited September 2016 in Health and wellbeing

Had my last chemo round today. What  a relief that I will no longer have those chemicals put into my body. I've got a 'get out of cancer treatment' for a month card. Next round of surgery on the 12/08, can't wait, NOT!, but it won't be an invasive as the first surgery I had in April, no lymph nodes being removed this time, which is a relief as well. Then another month off before 5 days a week for 5 weeks of radiation therapy, oh can't wait for that either. NOT! Now I will just carry on with life and wait for the last lot of chemo affects to take over my body. Heading off to the  gym tonite for a Zumba session as they say exercising straight after chemo helps.

I said goodbye to the lovely nurses that have looked after me at Cabrini Brighton and told them 'that I hope never to see them again' not in this room anyway and they said 'likewise'!!!!

To all those going through this treatment, hang in there, stay strong, keep exercising and remember you can be angry, upset or whatever.  Just don't let people tell you what you should be thinking and feeling because I found it to be so annoying as they have no idea what I am dealing with mentally, emotionally and physically.

Comments

• San-Dee
    San-Dee Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2016

• San-Dee
    San-Dee Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2016

Great news!!! Hope it is all a piece of cake from here on end.

Hugs

San-Dee

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited July 2016

Congratulations on the end of chemo.  Hope all goes well with surgery and chemo. Its all pretty invasive though I think. I feel we should be awarded a medal or something getting through it.

• KristyE
    KristyE Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2016

Congrats on finishing chemo! I finished mine last week too. Just starting to get over the side effects now & feeling better. What a relief hey! I know there's still lots more ahead, but enjoy the respite while it lasts. Radiation starts for me in a week. Not looking forward to that either.

• jd48
    jd48 Member Posts: 484
    edited July 2016

CONGRATULATIONS on getting yucky toxic mess behind you and may this last round be very uneventfull for you.

All the best for the surgery and radiation and I am sure all will be easier from here on in.  Chemo is the pits so onwarfs and upwards from here.

Hugs

Jel

• socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    edited July 2016

Yayyyyyyyyyyy - Congratulations!! How fantastic to be able to tick that one off the treatment list! I hope you Zumba yourself silly with happiness :-). Have fun, enjoy and all the best for the next phase. Xx Cath

• Vinn2016
    edited July 2016

hi, thank you, would love a piece of that cake.

• Vinn2016
    edited July 2016

thank you, we should be. My friends cannot believe what I have been through, still working, looking after my family and exercising all while suffering the effects of chemo and the emotional ride I am on. I will enjoy this cancer treatment 4 weeks.

• Vinn2016
    edited July 2016

isn't it a good feeling to finally have chemo over, My friends can't believe how much I am doing while having all this treatment, looking after my family, working, exercising etc.

Let me know how your radiation treatment goes, as I start that in 2 months time and I hear there are side effects from that as well.

Good luck with it all next week.

• Vinn2016
    edited July 2016

thank you, I am very happy this chemo is all over, just feeling the effects of the last round yesterday setting in. I just have to keep thinking this is the last time I will be feeling this crap and just push on.

• Vinn2016
    edited July 2016

thank you, put on my gym gear (and noticed I had cankles for the first time, must have been from the chemo) my ankles and bottoms of legs were swollen but still to Zumba. Last time I will have to feel the effects of chemo, so hanging in there this week.

• KristyE
    KristyE Member Posts: 23
    edited July 2016

Thanks! I've also kept working & exercising through it all. I'm hoping that staying as fit as I can will help me get through the side effects of radiation too. I've heard it makes you very fatigued.

• Vinn2016
    edited July 2016

I get through my 4th round of chemo and it is complete, Was doing really well physically up until yesterday afternoon then body aches set in and last nite my Temp decides to go up to 38.9, took, Nurofen and Panadol, temp went back up again this morning over 38. Now I am in emergency on a drip. What a way to end my chemo treatment. Not Happy. Could think of a million places I would rather be.

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    edited July 2016

Oh Bugger...but at least no more to come. 

• jd48
    jd48 Member Posts: 484
    edited July 2016

U poor bugger...

Must have been a night for A&E as I too sopent the same night on a drip due to high fever and arrythmia...

Now on some yucky antibiotics as a preventive measure so that they get me back on my feet before my last chemo (supposed to be next Wed if no repeats of fever...)

At least it is the last round for you so your immune system will be on the mend real soon...

Just hang in there and keep on thinking of the positives - last time immune system is knocked down - no more chemo after this

Hugs

Jel