Spam

Cosette
Cosette Member Posts: 637
edited April 2016 in Community news and events

Hi everyone. You may have noticed that some spam has been getting through lately. We have measures in place to prevent spam robots from getting through our registration process. However, in this new era of spam, these are actual people who go through the trouble of not only registering, but even confirming their accounts, and then logging in to post spam. We're working on ways to block them in a way that won't affect real users like you and me. In the meantime, if you see spam, please feel free to report it. We will delete it and block the spammer asap. Thanks!

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited April 2016

Thanks Cosette for the explanation, I did wonder as there has been a few lately - love the photo

• Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    edited April 2016

Thanks Cosette, love your work! :-))

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    edited April 2016

Where's your report this post button for us?

• Brenda5
    edited April 2016

Never mind, I see there is one now, you're on the ball.

• suzieq
    suzieq Member Posts: 332
    edited April 2016

Good on you Cosette.  What is wrong with people.  Why would they bother?  Get a life, I say.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited April 2016

Goodness the SPAM emails are coming in thick and fast today

• Cosette
    edited April 2016

I know! I just deleted six of them. And that's the ones that got through. The rest of the online network team, the invisible pink house elves, blocked a whole bunch. I had a chat with our developers about it so we are moving on a solution and expect to roll out something really soon.

• Cosette
    edited April 2016

Some of us become nurses, teachers, community managers. Some of us become spammers. The life we could have had, SuzieQ, haha!

• Brenda5
    edited April 2016

For those members you want to approve but are a bit iffy, I use this on another forum. http://www.stopforumspam.com/search

• Cosette
    edited April 2016

You're all over it, Brenda! Yes, that's a great resource.