Horse Riders/enthusiasts going through BC

Options

Comments

• Twiggyjumps
    Twiggyjumps Member Posts: 116
    Options
    Oh wow you look great. You have a lovely seat and seem so relaxed. Way to go! Xxx so inspirational
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Options
    Hi girls glad to read the new topic ....common ground with the horses is fantastic BRENDA  GO GIRL XO Bright
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Ahh, snarly bitch-faced mares. I've had a few in my time--they say like attracts like... I guess they can be sort of diversion therapy; they keep you so busy wondering what they are up to you forget about your sore backside :)
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Options
    I don't think that smile could be any bigger, Brenda!! Excellent.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,373
    Options
    Hey well done! I hope you enjoyed it, it can't be everything you want given time out, new horses etc, but if you can handle a horse with attitude, you can do just about anything!
  • LadyAside
    LadyAside Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Recently diagnosed with BC I've been fretting about not being able to ride. The balance thing worries me a little but you girls are out there riding so it gives me hope that I will be able to again. As a saddler & whipmaker (& farmer), my world is full of horses ... I just can't do without them.
    Oh & BTW Brenda5, what an inspiration  you are!
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options
    @Brenda5 woo hoo what a great opportunity to do something that you have said previously was a big part of your life!  Great photos and big smiles all round xx
  • Twiggyjumps
    Twiggyjumps Member Posts: 116
    Options
    I've only got geldings now. So much easier.  The mares I had all kicked the poor geldings
  • PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @kezmusc, I'm in like Flynn. I love horse photos the most. I'm very jealous of your daily occupation with horses.
    Blacky has always been agisted but never too far to feed and take a rug off! I use my car like a tack room/feed room.
    That's at least 2 years old cause I've updated my Hilux since then.

• PatsyN
    PatsyN Member Posts: 296
    Options
    @kezmusc Stan and Comet are too adorable. They couldn't stand any closer together if they tried. Their bellies are squashing one another. Blacky is in a herd of about 12 horses but is always the boss. The benevolent dictator I call him. He always has a girlfriend who's second in command. What do you think of bitless bridles? I'm gonna use one when I get back on.
    He's got lotsa ribbons for barrel racing, campdrafting, anything sporting and has done a bit of mustering but was born in Bangalow and has never travelled to far afield I've gotta say. Loves the beach as you would imagine and that will be the very first place I take him (after of course a bit of roundyard work, it's been a while for both of us!).
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Nothing better than riding along the beach. Unfortunately it is a long way from here to where you can take a horse on the beach so have only managed it a couple of times.  Just gorgeous pictures @PatsyN .  I have used bitless bridles, bosals etc.  Have found some horses like them and some don't like the pressure around their nose.  Like everything, depends on the horse and the hands that hold the reins as to what suits.  
    We do have a lot of fun doing what we do, but like you would know,  hard work for the money at times.  Mostly the horses have all the bucks lol!
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Options
    Been itching to get my fix of horse cuddles again. If I could get rid of this rotten cold I might start scheming. ;)
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Options
    Awww Twiggy.  Good on you for getting back on.  I do hope you can sort your back out soon.  After waiting so long to ride again that would be a real piss off to say the least.  XOXO