Actually sitting here laughing out loud

Eastmum
Eastmum Member Posts: 495
edited March 2018 in General discussion
I've heard so much about the Zonta cushion so I went online to have a look - and I'm thinking (because I haven't had any experience with BC surgery yet - coming up on 7 April) how on earth could that possibly help? I mean, why would you wear a cushion around your neck like that? And then I googled images and I realised that it's for under your ARM!!  hahahahahaha - I'm guessing someone would have eventually told me I wasn't doing it right.  So please tell me lovely ladies - if I am having a double, do I need to get two of these?? 

Comments

• Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    You could use two initially. Mine became like a comfort blanket protecting my arm from jerking across the sore area.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

Don't laugh too hard. I actually did use mine around my neck--like a travel cushion--while I was in hospital. It helped me sit up in a position where I could take the pressure of my armpit. Anything, and I mean anything that works :)

• Kiwi Angel
    Kiwi Angel Member Posts: 1,952
    @Eastmum - the little pillow was great and I’m still using mine when I sleep and I take it in the car to put under the seatbelt. I would get 2 if you are having a double. I did think about leaving that one permanently in my car and using my actual travel pillow for when I sleep. Good luck with your surgery
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I had two surgeries so got 2 cushions.  One stays on the bed, the other in the car.  I'm still using one to sleep - it just gives a bit of support.  The one in the car ended up being used to stop the seat belt from pressing against my port.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    I had bilateral and had 2 it was a Godsend. 

• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    @Eastmum you are a legend because I am having a bi-lateral soon after you and you are asking all the questions I'm about to ask myself. Excuse me while I stalk you here!
  • Eastmum
    Eastmum Member Posts: 495
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I’ll definitely treasure my little pillow, which the lady at Zonta tells me I will definitely get at the hospital I’m going to. @kmakm stalk alway! Hahaha I’ve been stalking everyone and anyone asking questions - so amazing to have this place as a resource with so many generous women sharing info and experiences! 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    edited March 2018
    Hi there @Eastmum I still have mine if you’d like another one for your *neck* lol. If br happy to send it to you.  I’ll tell you a secret. After my first mastectomy I was given one in the hospital and I told the nurse *where the fuck am I supposed to put that”??? I didn’t even think to use it as a travel pillow let alone under my armpit lol. And I’m a bloody nurse myself and had never seen one!  So don’t worry we all have brain farts. Just PM me your address if you’d like my pillow. Margie xx
  • Sister
    It seems that the blokes get them in blue.  I know the significance of the pink but I so hate it.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    I received two in satin. One gold and one a vivid royal purple...bright and cheery, but slippery as all buggery. Ended up buying another two from the two dollar shop in a sort of plushy velvet, filled with microbeads, which I find better as it molds better. The two original ones I now use between my knees when lying on my side, one at a time. One in the bed and one in the wash.
  • Sister
    Yes, the satin is very slippery, isn't it - I have to wonder if a soft cotton would be better.  
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I had 2 pink ones. They are also useful later if having reconstruction...you can kinda lay on your side with your new boob poking through. So good to get off your back. 
  • Sister
    Now there's some imagery
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    I have two, one blue and one purple - not satin!  I found them very beneficial when in the car as the seat belt was a hassle - I wish they had given me one when I had the biopsy as I spent my time trying to drive and holding the seat belt out away from the boob - my cancer was directly under the nipple and the day after biopsy I was extremely bruised.

They were a blessing at home for the armpit - they became a security blanket for awhile there!
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I must be the only person on this forum who found the Zonta pillow to be of little use. I sometimes use it when I am travelling in the car as a passenger but usually don’t bother because the bumps in the road hurt regardless. People always tell me I am unique so I guess this is just one more thing that proves it. I tried using it when I was in bed but chucked it after ten minutes.