Bamboo Caps and other head gear

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
Way back when, there was some discussion about head gear.  While at the moment the cold caps are keeping my hair on, the family aren't fully delighted when it ends up in the food.  Can anyone point me to that discussion 'cos I can't find it.

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    https//www.ebay.com/itm/Chemo-Headwear-Turbans-For-Women-Long-Hair-Head-Scarf-Headwraps-Cancer-Hats-/152871397203 I bought some bamboo head wear from the States, beautiful but expensive. Typically, I bought more than I needed (happens with strawberries, asparagus and beans, so why not bamboo) and I ended up giving them to the oncology ward to be rehomed. Even though they were very stylish I didn't want them around after I had finished chemo. One version, similar the above link, was very easy to make and didn't slide around like a normal scarf. I made dozens and donated them too.
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Haven't seen the discussion but love my bamboo caps. Very comfortable, even when it's warm. I have one cotton cap for when it's really hot, and a couple of bandanas for variation.

Here's my navy cap:

• JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Oh I totally get the hair in food dilemma! My poor toddler got sick of “eating mummy’s hair” and hubby got sick of seeing it on the white tiles (despite the cold cap it was coming out on the crown). I bought a “Christine headwear chitta headband” that I could wear with my long hair out the back. I still shaved my hair and gave up on the cold caps and am much happier as I think the transition helped me be less self conscious. Here is a pic of me in the scarf.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    I got some cool bandanas to wear and they kept it from falling into our dinner but I didn’t use the cold caps and as soon as it got to that stage I shaved it but so pleased they are working for you. My bananas and scarves have been recycled with two members now from the forum. They have had a nice holiday in fact. Started in qld with me then went to NSW and are currently in VIC and when @Salpal has finished with them later in the year we will find another new recruit for them. Who knows where they will end up next! Margie xx