Has anyone heard of the "Move" programme through Calvary Hospitals?

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
I was speaking to my onc (at Calvary Hosp) last week and saying that I thought I needed access to a whole raft of programs - programmed excercise, cording, phsych, nutrition, (and the list goes on).  He said that Calvary run a programme called Move and that he would refer me to see if I liked it.  Now, I'm guessing from the website that it's definitely not on the freebie list and I don't want to use up all dwindling benefits so wondering if anyone else has used them and what they think?

Any other good programs eastish of Adelaide would be good to hear about, too.

I'd like to access Encore next term but just don't think the late time slot is going to be able to work for me as it would involve getting kids back from town and then going back down on the only occasion that my husband has any outside contact.

And am I ever going to be able to touch type again!!!!????

Comments

• Sister
    Okay so possibly part 1 of plan in action with exercise physiology.  I'm really keen to improve my fitness and make a strike against any damage to my heart caused by chemo (given I've got a double whammy of bad genes on that side) so I've put in train a plan for that.  I still need real nutrition, cording help and psych but this mob supposedly have it so let's go!
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Would it be possible to see if any of the Universities have student led clinics? One of my local uni's has them, you're generally seen by a 3rd or 4th year student, overseen by one of their lecturers, who's a qualified professional (physio, exercise physiologist, dietician etc) at a fraction of the cost. Worth at least looking into
  • Sister
    Thanks @Irb_03 - I've got a referral for this one coming up and it's supposed to be all covered so I'll see what happens.
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    Hi@sister The following links also may be helpful to tap into to assist recovery and improve health and well being 
    https://www.cancersa.org.au/information/a-z-index/healthy-living-after-cancer
    https://www.bcna.org.au/health-wellbeing/physical-wellbeing/exercise-and-staying-fit/exercise-programs/#sa
    Regards Riki

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2018
  • Sister
    Thanks!  I'm currently getting a referral through to Move as that's the mob that work most closely with my onc centre as far as I could tell.  The COTA at Waterworld would have been interesting @Joannie as that's not too far away and involves water but alas, the pool will close soon.
  • [Deleted User]