• kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Thank you @Romla
  • kmakm
    Consider my spine stiffened @zoffiel!
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    What's wrong with good old codeine?!  Unfortunately, too much endone makes me throw up!  and I'm not having anybody ever again trying to tell me that my pain is actually anxiety!  Much gnashing of teeth.  Personally, I'd like to be knocked out for the 6 months of chemo and woken up at the end.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    I sacked endone too. Sick, wobbly, spinning out etc. How are the new codeine prescription rules affecting BC people? Need to get script from doctor I think. Best wishes to all
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Endone is a no go here too - lowers already low blood pressure and causes nausea and fainting plus constipation.Panadeine forte only creates constipation. Gather from my GP a lot of people have trouble with Endone and she switches them to Panadeine Forte - not sure however if the latter is as effective a pain killer.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I find Panadeine Forte best but always conscious of the fact that it can be addictive (and constipating).
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I used tramadol and panadol osteo as endone made me vomit.
  • kmakm
    Arghh! I am constipated as all get out. During the last round of chemo (three week cycle) I had ONE normal movement. I don't think there's a solution. Just going to have to go through it and hope I don't explode. I'm taking a softener AND a stimulant. I read before I started TC chemo that it sets like concrete. They were right.

Supposed to be at a fabulous 50th birthday party of a dear friend tonight. Had an amazing outfit (I've lost 18kgs and have the best figure I've had in four years) picked out, but I can barely move. Too much bone ache, and almost passed out this morning when I forced my husband to take me out because I was climbing the walls with being housebound. There was a somewhat dramatic scene and a swift exit. I don't like making a spectacle of myself. Bloody miserable now. Just want to bawl my eyes out before passing into unconsciousness that, as @sister said, lasts until all the treatment is over.

The bawling I will manage. The rest? See above...
  • Romla
    @kmakm Have you tried Movicol available in chemist and Coles.Is a sachet you dissolve in 125ml of watr.I have suffered from chronic constipation and haemorrhoids most of my life and that product gently solves it with no haemorrhoids.I have tried just about everything on the market over many years and this one is pain free and works. Re bone pain is krill oil an option ? I did not have chemo just lumpectomy and radiotherapy but am now on hormone therapy Letrozole/Femara which causes joint pain. Krill Oil was suggested by my medical oncologist and is more concentrated than Fish Oil and hence I only take 1 capsule a day.  But please always check with your medical team before taking anything.
  • kmakm
    @romla Don't worry, I always check, cautious that way.

My GP has me on this:

Which occasionally leads to trickling... #TMI
  • Romla
    PS Movicol is used in nursing homes for bedridden patients who develope chronic constipation thru inactivity.

I know this sounds daft but my GP told me to drink more water and walk and he is right it makes a difference - I realise walking may not be possible but make sure you drink lots of water.I watch my diet like a hawk to ensure I have plenty of fibre eg salad vegetables , grain bread , rolled oats for breakfast . I also found 2/3 Kalamata figs daily keeps things moving along - I guess prunes / dried apricots  are similar. I am more sinner than saint with food - chocolate and ice cream are serious addictions - but I am also careful to minimise constipation by dietary measures before I turn to the Movicol.
  • Romla
    Oh Thankyou @kmakm I will chat to my gp about Osmolax -I never go on holidays without being prepared have been too many frightening episodes in the past.
  • kmakm
    Not daft at all @romla! I drink litres of water, always have so that's not an issue. I've virtually eliminated sugar from my diet (lots of weight to lose) and am very conscious of fruit & veg. Seeing a dietician who's got me on high protein through chemotherapy, and she's pleased with how I'm managing.

I have walked almost every single day since diagnosis.

I'm really trying to be a good patient!
This discussion has been closed.