Remember our words can impact others.

2»

Comments

• Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    @primek, I'm very sorry to see you go. I must be Teflon or dense as I think I've missed any 'controversial ' stuff. 
    Ive very much appreciated your support and guidance. Bec xx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @BlackWidow can I ask what area in Australia you are from .... I am saddened to know that the topic of conversation in a support group is swearing on the forum..... how sad when the majority of posts have no swearing at all and the members actively support other members often new like yourself who need support as they begin their Journey with Breast cancer. 
  • Hendrix
    Hendrix Member Posts: 322
    @BlackWidow sorry I’m confused which post are you referring to where there was swearing? 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Whilst  I haven’t sworn on this blog  I have been known to drop the occasional f-bomb in frustration , anger or pain in my private life. I have not been personally affronted by the language though I do accept and respect that others have been.

The swearing has not been directed at people and there are people on this blog who have and are going thru hell who find this blog a safe haven to express thoughts and feelings they cannot elsewhere .However, strong language can be intimidating  to people wanting to join in a conversation topic .It takes courage to join a conversation with strangers when you are vulnerable and afraid.

Can we please  accept we are all different , respect those differences and act accordingly?
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Ive been active on this site for nearly 6 years. I shake my head with what has come  out of recent weeks, freedom of speech appears to have been lost. 6 years ago we said anything and everything.what has happened to bcna recently is a shame as they say is it moving forward or is the old gray mare aint what she used to be. Adean
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @primek I just found this discussion - not sure how I missed it but possible during chemo fog.  I'm devastated to hear that you are no longer going to be active.  You are one of the people who gave me hope at the beginning of this when I was reeling in a state of shock.  You still do.  Taking a break may be what you need but I hope that you come back to us.  Your information and advice is gold.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Dear @sister , @primek is still on here thank goodnesss as she is a very special lady whose kindness and knowledge many of us have been recipients of.I think the issue that precipitated her distress may have been taken on board and we have all moved on. I for one hope so.
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    It was one of our forum support topics during our 2017 breast cancer seminar to first and foremost look after you. If things are getting you down, have an absence away from the forum for a while and speak with moderators if you need to. Primek is just doing her own self preservation which she needs at this time and we must respect that. 
    @primek thank you for being such an enormous help on the forum and I look forward to the time you feel you are able to pop back in sometimes to support the forum further. <3
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Nicely said @Brenda5
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @primek This makes me sad, given that when I began my journey in December, you were one of the first people who inspired me and who offered me support. So you're special. I understand your feelings. On a site such as this, sensitivity should be beyond what has become the norm for social media sites. I wish you joy and strength. x