Results of the Beacon name survey

Christine_BCNA-CEO
Christine_BCNA-CEO Member Posts: 10
edited February 2018 in Community news and events
Hi everyone, 

Thank you to those of you who took the time to complete our survey regarding the name of The Beacon. We were delighted to receive more than 2,700 responses. 

The most popular response to the question 'What would you like BCNA's magazine to be called?' was The Beacon, with 49.5% of respondents selecting The Beacon. A total of 38.5% of respondents answered Pink Lady, while 12% chose ‘other’.

As The Beacon received the most votes, it will remain the name of the magazine. 

Thank you for speaking up about an issue that mattered to you.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to let those of you who aren't already aware know that I have announced my retirement. You can read the official announcement on our website: https://www.bcna.org.au/news/2018/02/bcna-ceo-christine-nolan-announces-retirement/.

Warm regards,
Christine

Tagged:

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Well, there you go!! Well done all.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    edited February 2018
    Excellent result. Enjoy your retirement, Christine.
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Thank you Christine for letting us know, and also sending best wishes for your retirement.
    Your family will be so pleased to have you all to them selves and not have to "share you" with BCNA.

• Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Thanks for listening.   I hope you have a lovely retirement, thank you for all you have done :) 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear Christine,
    Thanks for getting back to network members directly. That was a good response; and I am happy with the result.  Best wishes for your retirement.
  • Jane221
    Jane221 Member Posts: 1,193
    That is great news Christine, it is reassuring to know that the voices of the members are being heard.
    With best wishes for your retirement and hoping that you will now be able to spend much precious time with your family. 
  • JanineG
    JanineG Member Posts: 148
    Great and respectful result for the BCNA community. 
    Thankyou Christine for your much appreciated efforts. Those of us who don't feel the best fit  to step into your shoes, are extremely lucky that fabulous selfless and capable  woman like yourself exist. 
    Enjoy every moment of your retirement. Be happy and healthy. 
    Regards Janine. 
  • nonkyboy
    nonkyboy Member Posts: 188
    A fabulous result and happy retirement Christine
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Great decision
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    Congratulations on your retirement Christine, enjoy the quality time with your family.  Thank you for letting the members know the outcome, it’s a great result.  All the best, Jane 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Sanity prevails. 
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    Thank you  for letting us know of this result and consulting members about it. Great news. Best wishes for your retirement and hope  you now can spend precious time with your family. 
    Paula x