Having a bit of a wobble!!!!!

smokie08
smokie08 Member Posts: 157
edited February 2018 in Day to day
Hi All

I am having a bit of a wobble!! I know it sound silly but i feel guilty about the last few days.  I have relatives over from the UK and we had a few days away in the Clare Valley which was brilliant.  But i feel so guilty about drinking so much wine and cider!! I have cut down my alcohol consumption a lot since diagnosis ( still have a few at weekends) but last week every day had a drink or 3.  My wonderful husband says not to worry as i really enjoyed myself but i can't help thinking that alcohol may have caused this in the first place.  My husband is my rock and i think he is right but feel so guilty.  Then made the mistake of looking at a link i found on here about triple neg and chemo and scared my self! I know i am through all that part but now feel scared of a recurrence. 

Sorry to bore you all but needed to get it off my chest (no pun intended!!!) 

Thanks for listening
Julia <3<3:)  
Tagged:

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @smokie08
    we all wonder what if ..... for me it was my mobile phone in my bra right where my lumps where.... No doctor will say yes it was my phone but I will always wonder... 

I think you need to think of this ...... You relaxed and had some fun that means your body heals and releases the good things in our bodies.... 

maybe a raging alcoholic might be a different matter but having a few drinks with friends/family and relaxing is not going to spiral you into recurrence.... 
    Everything in moderation.... 

Please breathe and realise we are human and having a few drinks is natural. 

Hugs 
    Soldiercrab

• wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Good on you Marg . I cant wait to take off on a weeks holiday in 
    Tassie from Sunday and will probably check out the winerys . Haven't had a glass of wine since Christmas and that was ages ago. My moto is enjoy life while you can. 
  • smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Thanks ladies  i read the article about asparagus as well  God soon all i will be able to eat n drink  is lettuce  n water   i think  I  will  stick to my usual diet  for now and take my chances   ;)
  • Sunshine0206
    Sunshine0206 Member Posts: 146
    We will be living on oxygen, pure water and lettuce leaves... lol!
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Nah, they'll find something in those that causes cancer, too, lol  :D:D
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    I reckon @afraserput up a pretty appropriate quote today that might help put things in context.

Excess on occasion is exhilarating. It prevents moderation from acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.

Somerset Maughan

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    The occasional indulgences are not the cause of cancer. Relax. Glad it was great.

• Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    @smokie08, maybe the relaxation and feel good you got going from the wine has done you more good than the damage you think may or may not have !  So there you go - it's balanced out!  Neutralised!! 
    I was a HUGE lover of wine... Then two half years ago after my melanoma diagnosis I cut right down - Id go months without then occasional glass or two. Then I get breast cancer.... Go figure!!!!
    so did my previous consumption cause it ?  Don't know. Did my phone in my bra when I used to run years ago cause it.  Don't know. Was it my diet. Don't know. 
    Bad luck I think. Don't beat yourself up Honey - you deserve to cut yourself some slack. Massive hugs. Xxxxx