Herbs , vitamins and minerals

Romla
Romla Member Posts: 2,092
edited February 2018 in Health and wellbeing
Was reading an article today which mentioned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre site so thought I’d put the web address up again as many of us like to try complementary therapies. Thankyou to the people who told me about this site as I have found it both interesting and useful on several occasions but that said always check with your medical team as well. Here it is

www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/patient-education/herbal-remedies-and-treatment

It details how a complementary therapy works , what it’s  benefits/side effects are and also what medicines they conflict with.Well worth a look.

Comments

• wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Thanks for putting this up, my oncologist told me about this several years ago, its the go to site to make sure that what ever you take or want to take is okay, I still run anything past my oncologist anyway,even if he does have a little chuckle,I will try anything!!!

wendy55

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Fantastic. Yes we need to keep putting this up as there are so many cancer experts out there trying t pressure us into following the  latest "cancer diet" or take a miracle supliment which might conflict with treatment. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    There was a little bit left out the link. I've added again but it might be a different spot.

https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/diagnosis-treatment/symptom-management/integrative-medicine/herbs
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Thanks @primek and thankyou for finding it for me - it’s a wonderful tool to have and I too hope the web address goes up regularly to help others as it has helped me.