Lippofill

Angel61
Angel61 Member Posts: 22
Hi everyone.......just wondering if anyone has gone through this procedure. Radiation has caused the breast tissue to harden and it has caused the flap to die. I had conserving surgery done. I'm having the lippofill surgery in June and then another surgery 6mths later.
If anyone has had this procedure done, were you happy with it?

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    hi @Angel61
    this link will take you to the reconstruction group .... http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/1-choosing-breast-reconstruction 
    you might get more answers there .... 
    @mum2jj
    @nikkid
    thought you ladies might be able to help here. 
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Sorry @SoldierCrab I've got no expertise in this area ;)
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    edited January 2018
    https://www.reclaimyourcurves.org.au/get-the-facts---mastectomy--reconstruction.html

There is excellent information within the link above 

Happy reading and good luck!
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @nikkid sorry tagged wrong Nikki my fault 
  • nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    edited January 2018
    No probs ;)
  • Angel61
    Thank you ladies...i will have a look there.
  • Polly Rose
    Polly Rose Member Posts: 67
    Hi Ange161
    I had lipo done on my radiated side and found it fantastic. I’ve not been able to have any reconstruction but had a large dip between 2 of my ribs. I was really self conscious about it as it was always obvious especially if I was wearing dresses or t.shirts. The lipo not only filled the dip nicely but it also soften the scarring of the whole area and has built it up a little. I’m planning to have more in the coming months just to even out some other problem areas. I had no real,pain to speak of and was not out of action for more than a couple of days. I hope you have a similar outcome with your procedure and please feel free to message me if you would like to ask any other questions.
    Good Luck
    Polly
  • Angel61
    Thank you Polly Rose for your feed back. I feel a bit better about the procedure now. I'm having the fat taken from my abdomen and my Dr said I will be very bruised. The radiation sure does knock the tissue around. I am having a lot of discomfort in the breast with the hardening of the tissue.....so I feel better with you saying that your scarring. Thank you again  :)<3
  • Angel61
    Sorry...didn't finish my last sentence lol......"your scarring softened"