People are good

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
edited February 2018 in Day to day
I'm posting here because I have to get it out and there's no-one at the moment to say it to.  I don't need to tell any of you what a crappy time the months after diagnosis are.  It just seems so overwhelming.  Well, I can't go into details but I've been overwhelmed by practical support today that has taken a huge amount of worry off my shoulders.  All I was hoping for was some time to sort out a plan and I just got the word that things have been taken care of.  We often hear the negative about people but in my experience they are mostly pretty good... and sometimes amazingly so.
This forum is a really good example of how generous people are.  I would have found it so much harder to cope without the support of all of you who have so freely given of your time and experience and gone out of your way to help (thanks again for the parcel, @onemargie).

Tagged:

Comments

• brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    Wonderful news.....
    My mantra...its a good day to have a good day!
    Great to share that the good hearts step up and shoulder the burden
    All the best
    Bright in hope
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Fantastic that your worries have been lessened @Sister. Xx
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Excellent. It sounds like you have good people around you (which says something about you)  Marg
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Isn’t it amazing who steps up to offer support hey. And you are so very welcome lovely. Call me anytime. Margie xx
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Great stuff. Your a good egg @onemargie
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    @Sister
     in a world where we are bombarded by all forms of media about the horrible things that happen in the world, we can forget that the average person is not only good but wanting to help others in times of need. 
    I am blessed to have some really good people around me when I went through this roller coaster ride and I am truly grateful to have had them by my side. 

Breathe and know that you will get thru this time. 
    soldier crab