Rapid Heartbeat

Memegran7
Memegran7 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2018 in Newly diagnosed
I'm only on my fourth cycle of radiation , after the last two cycles I have experienced very rapid heartbeat that lasts at least an hour or more , is this normal ?

Comments

• smokie08
    smokie08 Member Posts: 157
    Hi Memegran7 have you spoken to the techs or nurses about it  i have just finished rads and don't think it happened to me  mine was on the left  was meant to do breath holding but in the end they decided i didn't have to  . I would ask tomorrow when you go . Take care 
  • Memegran7
    Memegran7 Member Posts: 2
    I am doing the breath holding,  I will ask tomorrow , thank you 
  • JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Radiation would not cause a rapid heart rate. It could be that you are focussing on the breath hold and that is psychologically causing it if that makes sense?
  • Sunshine0206
    Sunshine0206 Member Posts: 146
    Hi,

I would mention it straight away at your next treatment. Also report and other symptoms you have.

They are in the best position to safely guide you. 

X
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Mention it as soon as you can. Tachycardia can be caused by all sorts of things, and may be short lived, but best to get it checked.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Yep agree...serious discussion with treating team asap to ensure nothing more than anxiety...which is distressing anyway..regardless.
  • JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    Always best to mention anything and everything to the treating staff even if not related. They should ask you everyday how you are and how you are feeling, it is not out of politeness, it is so they can be aware of everything and help point you in the right direction to see the right Drs :)