Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

I'm a Pheonix

Recently had brain surgery to remove a cyst filled with liquid attached to a lesion that had been treated twice with Radio Stereo Surgery.   So happy to have a diagnosis that all has been removed successfully and the "lesion" turned out to be benign also.   Medical practitioners thoughts are it occurred due to having two radio stereo surgery in the same place.   Well at least it killed the cancer. 
What a relief.   I feel like a Pheonix.  Have fatigue at the moment but look forward to getting back to "wellness".

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Good news! I had that same delirious feeling when I discovered the lump under my right arm was a schwannoma (had to look that up!) and benign! A spring in your step and all's right with the world. Enjoy! 
  • brightspace
    brightspace Member Posts: 445
    What a fab great result....new year wonder girl....
    All the best 
    BRIGHT in hope
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Schwannoma sounds like Sean Connery mispronouncing someone's name....
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    My name is schwannoma........James Schwannoma!! Got a ring to it don’t you think @Zoffiel and @Afraser lol :]. Or try saying it really fast after a few Sauvignon Blancs!! Margie xx 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    And I love the Phoenix would make a good tattoo I reckon and what wonderful news for you too @Karen_C. Margie xx 
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Fab news @Karen_C,  way to go!!!!!! Xx
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    It was actually someone's name - a Dr Schwann to be precise. I am not sure I would want a lump, benign or otherwise, entirely made of one kind of cell that lurks in nerve sheaths named after me, but each to his own. I am still waiting for this information to be useful in a crossword or something
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Well just horrid you have been through this but what fabulous news for you. X
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Awesome News @Karen_C
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Watch for it in Scrabble, @Afraser - that'd baffle everyone else!