Disappointed in The Beacon's name change

Comments

• Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @iserbrown,

Great to get your feedback and yes I can enlighten you regarding the Beacon magazine name change.   
    Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and comments that have been posted in the online forum.  As you all know we are always keen to hear from our members and your feedback regarding the name change has been forwarded to our communications team.  I understand that there has been consultation with our members regarding the proposed changes and I will keep you all updated regarding any new developments.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Giovanna_BCNA

Thanks for the response 

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hello @Giovanna_BCNA
    " I 
    understand that there has been consultation with our members regarding the proposed changes and I will keep you all updated regarding any new developments" - WHO WAS CONSULTED ?
    It makes me wonder who you have consulted as the ladies who have responded are not impressed.
    Whilst we all say that BCNA is the very best organization, this name change is distressing to many, especially to the lesser-known male members.

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Have to agree with you, @Summerhill38, which was the main reason I started this discussion. 
  • iserbrown
    Have to wonder about the consultation. There must be some focus group or similar. I would've taken part if I could.

Curious to know what's wrong with the current name. 

It has stirred emotions. 

Discussion about Pink Lady apples, chocolate et cetera 

Can't get past pink lady apples!!

Dear oh dear!
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    .... and I was thinking that perhaps I was missing the day BCNA put the word out about the name change and asked for comment ... ?????
  • iserbrown
    Or should I say if I was asked...

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    ah Zoffiel you said it just as I expected you to thanks for making my day girl :)

• iserbrown
    Interesting to know as to why the need for a name change.  Yes to quote @Zoffiel it does sound like a brain fart!
    Good idea @onemargie
    Hopefully feedback will come and yes you have to wonder why they didn't consider a post on this forum for suggestions. Maybe this is like glad wrap they didn't consult with those that count and then had to revert back 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Pink Bits?
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    no because some of them are blue bits 

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Anyone of either gender who's untattooed  bits have gone blue is in trouble :)