Mountain Lions

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
You're all probably going to get sick of me over the next couple of days, stuck in hospital...
I've been trying to paste a copy of Caitlin Feeley's Mountain Lion analogy but all I have is my phone and it's defeating me! I'm sure some of you old hands have read it, but as a newbie, it really struck home to me.  So, if you haven't seen it, do a google search. Try to find the full piece though as a number of people have just put excerpts on their sites.

Comments

• Sister
    Thanks, @SoldierCrab. I gave up after trying to copy and paste it about 10 times using my phone!
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Oh that is such an apt description of why we endure chemo to fight the darn mountain lion. Love it. Thankyou for sharing. X
  • Milly21
    Milly21 Member Posts: 122
    Minding your own business and one day opening fridge to a mountain lion ,that is pretty much a great description of how I felt when diagnosed,lol
  • Sister
    @Afraser I took it as those who feel they want to be able to look after you.  Mind you, if my mum was still around she'd be giving the mountain lion what for - unfortunately, not possible with cancer
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    That’s very cool I love the comment about the kale OMFG!  This is a snippet of one I sent to someone and how I feel about it 

So I’m giving you a big virtual hug and I’m standing at the top of the shit covered mountain that you are slowly crawling to the top of with champagne in one hand vodka in the other and when you’re  finished everything you can run up there in the nude and show me your magnificent new boobies and show me the biggest set of Hairy balls that you have had to grow to get through all this shit and be proud that you have fucking punched  your breast cancer in the fucking face and sent it screaming down the shit covered mountain you’ve just climbed and let it lie there to die in its own filth where it belongs. 

Margie xx 
  • kezmusc
    kezmusc Member Posts: 1,544
    Ha ha ha love the kale bit.  @onemargie you ar soooo funny!  
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

I was walking up near Beechworth this morning and came face to face with a very large goanna. Dinosaur type massive. I've looked at it, it's looked at me and I've thought,  "Oh, shit, not you again.'

I have no idea what it was thinking, reptiles are like that. But it flicked it's tongue, tasted the air and sauntered off into the scrub. It will be a while before I walk back down that track. I'm not going looking for a Yowie to get it off me.

• JanineG
    JanineG Member Posts: 148
    Wow! That's the best thing I've read about 'this journey',(pet hate stupid saying), in the last two years. Thankyou @sister,@soldiercrab. It actually made me cry. But I love it ,think it's quite beautiful. Janine xo
  • Mollygirl
    Mollygirl Member Posts: 213
    Far out @onemargie you kill me  :D. Gold pure gold! 

@Sister so glad you thought to bring this to everyone. I read it a couple of weeks ago and thought... Yep, that's it alright! 
  • TripleNegMama
    TripleNegMama Member Posts: 47
    think this is one that has to come up to the top regularly so newbies get to see it :smile: