Need a get away?

Zoffiel
Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372

I've been reading the posts from ladies who are getting toward the end of their treatment and thought this might be a good time to remind you of the fantastic opportunity the Otis Foundation offers to anyone who has been thrown into the Breast Cancer mincer.

Otis has a number of properties across the country (predominately Victoria ) that are available at no cost to you. The majority are available for 4 days mid-week though there are a couple, like the fabulous Kez's  Hideaway in Victoria, which are available over the weekend. All you need to cover is your food and travel. Most of the properties are self catering, so it is possible to have a four day holiday without breaking the bank.

Most things that sound too good to be true are a scam, but this offer doesn't come with any strings attached. Seriously. The only thing Otis asks is that you treat the properties with respect and promote the foundation if you get the chance. Which I am delighted to do.

So, if your string is getting a bit short and you are feeling that some time away may help, get onto their website and see what is on offer. They are really user friendly--either chose a property and then find out when it is available or ring them and tell them when you can get away and they will tell you what your options are at that time. Marg XXX

http://otisfoundation.org.au/

Comments

• JoeyLiz
    JoeyLiz Member Posts: 339
    What an amazing initiative!
    sadly no properties in Tassie :(
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    My partner and I had the opportunity to use one of these holiday homes, the whole process was so easy from the first phone call, and when we got there , we found all sorts of goodies in the fridge, the people who owned the property actually lived behind this property and when we left they explained that this was there way of giving back,they would not even allow us to pay the cleaning bill, so I donated to the Otis foundation, and the best part was they had thought enough about our circumstances and had a recliner placed by the window so you could just sit and look at the view, there really are some beautiful people in this world who dont want any recognition they just go about their business and we are the fortunate recipients of their generosity, so if anyone needs a break please ring them or look up their website to see if they have a holiday home in your state,
    wendy55
  • Salpal
    Salpal Member Posts: 43
    What a fabulous initiative
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    I too have been on an otis break what A wonderful thing to do when going through this roller coaster ride. 
    highly recommend it to others... 
    @JoeyLiz you might be able to get one in Vic that is just a cheap flight away ? 
  • Jandy232
    Jandy232 Member Posts: 15
    I stayed with my family at a beautiful Otis Foundation property just outside of Bendigo back in 2013. It was lovely and much appreciated at the time. I would recommend it too.
  • viking1
    viking1 Member Posts: 288
    Wish we had on in WA! Yes, a break would be great!
  • SoldierCrab
    @viking1
    There is  1 in Wa  Eden Hollow at denmark..... check the link.above
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    We have several Otis foundation properties in SA. The Cancer Council has some too.
  • SoldierCrab
  • viking1
    viking1 Member Posts: 288
    Thank you! xxx