Is it me

adean
adean Member Posts: 1,036
Is it co incidental lve had nothing but dramas since l was given prolia for my osteoporosis  10 weeks ago even my onco agreed lm the1to3% that it doesnt agree with but this takes the cake l have torn my miniscal no rhyme no reason just getting of the ride on mower. The emergency department were fascinated with me and my history of bc and current blood cancer. But were not impressed with my swearing as the pain was excrutiating.they said l had apotty mouth for a mature lady

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Well it's easy for them to say, they aren't the one in pain. Swear away.
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    I agree! Where does it say you have to watch your p's & q's just because you get older & you're a woman? what kind of sexist ageist bullshit is that?
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Hi there @adean fuck that looks bloody sore!,  No prolia for me thank goodness but I definately have the bloody osteo symptoms and from one “mature lady” to another nothing wrong with  dropping the f bomb I do it on an hourly basis and it’s my favourite word we could start a post about how many ways we can use it in our daily bc journey and totally justified as far as I’m concerned considering how bloody painful it would be. @Zoffiel will get on here she loves the f bomb too (love ya marg)!!! I’m too scared to start a post about it  in case I get shot down for it lol. You take care of yourself lovey. Rest up and get better soon. Biggest hug. Margie. X  
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Oh no @adean, crap that's not good!! Are you scheduled for surgery to get it fixed? My little sister did the same thing but hers was jumping a hurdle :/ - who would want to do that anyway? bwahahahaha. Hope you're on the mend soon lovely. Xx Cath

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    F*ck Cancer and the gifts it keeps on giving us.... all unwanted mind you..... Well I have learnt that if people dont like the F word they really need to walk a mile or so in our shoes....

OUCH @adean I have prolia every 6mths no problems so far.... think this is my 3rd year on it. 

My F*cking started the day the radiologist came in and did punch biopsy..... he had said this might be a bit painful..... I told him you F*cking liar that is f*cking really painful ....... Ultrasounds technician was trying to keep the smirk off her face as I obviously was the only female who had not just silently cried while he did it. 

But I must say I love the colour of those toe nails lovely beautiful there young lady 
    big hugs

Solidercrab xoxo Alice 

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Potty mouth. Ha. I have no idea why we are all expected to turn into Miss bloody Marple once we are 'a certain age.' If practice makes perfect, well I've got vulgarity down to an art. It can be useful if you want the sort of pain meds that actually work--they will do anything to shut you up :)
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    OH Zoffiel, I must remember to use my potty mouth next time I need good Pain meds  ;)

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Lol on potty mouth. Ouch to the leg. But agree...the toenails look great. X
  • Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    Hi Potty Mouth, I have found that my swearing vocabulary has improved as I grew older and following cancer diagnosis (65).  It stepped up when having core biopsy, couldn't help it, the words were just pulled from my mouth.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    You poor thing! Potty mouth when in excruciating pain is unrelated to age or circumstance so go for it ! There is always bisphosphonates for osteoporosis instead of Prolia but be cautioned to stay upright for at least half an hour after taking them - I’d recommend an hour walk. Also make sure you have a thorough dental overhaul before commencing them as serious dental is out eg extractions , root canals as they stay in your system unlike  Prolia. I was on bisphosphonates onand Off fleetingly a few years back but am now o Prolia which seems ok. Admit to being very worried at the outset by Prolia ( and Letrozole) about side effects but been ok  on it .
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Oops alignments above gone wonky - Letrozole presented more issues than a Prolia for me.