5 years

Afraser
Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
I am a couple of weeks ahead of exactly 5 years but I had my breast tests today and all is well. So one step. Next one is my heart check up (got a slight problem, possibly from chemo) but I am pretty sure I am fine on that front. Then my oncologist in about 7 weeks to see if anything nasty is happening in the rest of me!!  Bit by bit...........................
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Chipping away bit by bit...........sounds like you're on the road to good news all around!!
  • Harlee
    Harlee Member Posts: 106
    Congratulations! It's always such a relief to get good results from your scans.
    I know we are all different but what usually happens after 5 years?
    I've just ticked off my 4 year scans and I meant to ask what I can look forward to after next year but I didn't. I was initially told I would have 5 years of follow up with my oncology team (which seemed like forever back then...) and now I'm wondering what comes next?
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Excited for you and yes it will seem weird being set adrift after 5 years but it will be wonderful to do so. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    That is good news, Alison. I only hope we all get the chance to decide whether or not to extend past five years of AI :) Marg.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    So true, thanks Marg! 
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    ah @Afraser
    I know that it felt different being told no more appointments when I saw my Oncologist early October at my 5yr review... 
    Congratulations you have Survived 5 years and you make such a positive impact on the online forum thank you  <3
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hi @Afraser
    GREAT NEWS.  I am so happy for you.  The statistics are really still only kept for the 5 year mark so we all hope that ''they'' will decide to keep statistics for longer.
    Have a great weekend - and celebrate !
    Summer   :)
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    @Afraser I asked if I would be on 5 or 10 years. My breast surgeon said as no nodes at this stage 5 years (so 4 to go) but he said that might change in 5 years anyway. So just have to wait and see.
    Congratulations on your 5 years clear.  X
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    Congratulations on being 5 years clear! 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Wonderful news @Afraser ! Time to celebrate and plan that trip to France.Thankyou for the wisdom you share with us all on this blog.
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Such great news @Afraser . We all have a different story to tell and I always love hearing the 5 year mark ones. Good on you love. Have a drinkypoo or two and celebrate. I’ll have one for you too today Go buy yourself something nice for Xmas to mark your milestone. Biggest hug. Can’t wait for me to get to where you are now. Margie xx 
  • JanineG
    JanineG Member Posts: 148
    How exciting. Thankyou so much for sharing. It is encouraging to hear that 5 years really does come around! I agree with onemargie.. A lovely Xmas present and woohoo France. This inspires me to plan something special for 3.  Years time :) xxo