Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Her2 stage 4 anyone help scared?

Sam09
Sam09 Member Posts: 149
Hi ladies 
I am into 12 months of 3 weekly herceptin and perjeta infusions and have had great results and part from itching skin driving me mad and lack of sleep due to this and a sore nose I'm coping quite well . However about a week ago I started feeling bouts of nausea on and off during the day.

Feeling scared..... I've not had this before and I'm a couple of weeks from seeing my onc and hope maybe some of you can reassure me Please? Tumor markers and bloods last treatment were excellent but I'm stressing and alone  
Thanking anyone in advance 
X

Comments

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Hi @Sam09
    How about you make a phone call to the oncologist's rooms first thing on Monday and see if he/she will see you a bit early to settle your nerves ?
    We all panic at the little things so I hope this is one of your little things and there are no problems.
    Talk to us if you are feeling like being alone is getting too much for you.  The BCNA Helpline may also be a support.
    Thinking of you.
    Summer   :)
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    HI @Sam09 sorry to hear you are not feeling so great right now. I dont have HER2 Stage 4 so cant answer those questions but another good resource is the Cancer Council I have put their contact on this post at the bottom, I am sure others will have some hints/answers for you.  as Summer said if you need to vent etc we get it...... Happy to talk with you. 

SoldierCrab 

Cancer Council 13 11 20 is a free, confidential telephone information and support service run by Cancer Councils in each state and territory.

Anyone can call Cancer Council 13 11 20 - cancer patients, people living with cancer, their families, carers and friends, teachers, students and healthcare professionals.

Specially trained staff are available to answer your questions about cancer and offer emotional or practical support.

Cancer Council 13 11 20:

• call 13 11 20
    • local call cost from anywhere in Australia (mobile calls charged at mobile rates)
    • is open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
      • some states have extended hours
      • some states have health professionals on staff
      • some states have multilingual services

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    Hi there Sam I think a call to your bc nurse would be a good  everyone else seems to have a good one mine was horrible and I never hear from her thankfully. I’m sure they would be able to give you some advice and book you with the oncol if needed. Also perhaps you’ve just had the tail end of a bug or perhaps something you ate has made you feel a bit off?? That’s a possibility too. Don’t go panicking love give your bc nurse a call have a chat and go from there. Your bloods were good too so that’s reassuring as well remember. Keep us posted on how youre feeling. do you have a partner family or good friends to talk to as well ?.. Biggest hug. Margie
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Sam09 Hi!  Hope the nausea has settled?  Also hopefully you are seeking medical advice today - remember if you can't get onto your own BC nurse or team there are nurses at BCNA tel:1800500258

With everything else, feeling nausea is really the pits!  I have a script for Stemetil and I find that helps!  Dizziness is my trouble at present but hopefully that will also settle.  I have physio today for a remedial massage.  No, I am not Mets like you are but we all suffer similar symptoms at times. 

Take care and sending you a virtual hug and hopefully you're feeling a little better emotionally today!  xx
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Hi Sam, I find talking to the nurses at the hospital where you have your chemo, have been very helpful. They ask  me every time I go about any nausea or other health problems . They usually offer suggestions or will contact my oncologist if they are concerned. I hope you get some help.  I have metastatic breast cancer,  with mets in numerous bones and I think you always worry about something.  I am on Abraxane IV , 3weeks on 1 week off and have been doing this now for 12 months.  I was diagnosed over 5 years ago aand still going okay. My blood test have been okay although my tumour markers are up and down. Hope all goes well for you.  Sending comforting hugs.. Wendy
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Sam09
    Hi Sam!  Just checking on you and letting you know we are here for you to natter or let off steam!  Here's hoping you've got some answers to your concerns and you are feeling a little more settled.  Take care, sending you a virtual hug xx