Dry cough during Taxol

AA
AA Member Posts: 19
Hi Ladies,
has anyone developed dry cough and mucuos in nose during Taxol? After two days of my 1st Taxol I started to have mucuos in nose and throat and then after a week I started to have dry cough. Its been 17 days now and I still have dry cough. Just wondering if this is a Taxol side effect. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Hi @AA . I had a cough on Taxol and Herceptin along with the bloody nose. I still get both as I'm still having Herceptin, and it even changes my voice to a croaky one for about a week after treatment. Are you on Herceptin as well?
  • AA
    AA Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for your reply @poodlejules, im not on herceptin. Is your cough dry as well?

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    @AA, taxol really dries our mucous membranes in our body. A lot of us ladies had bloody noses from being dry and sometimes a dry cough. Also losing your nose hairs doesn't help either.
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Yes dry too , mention it though next time you have treatment or a docs appt . All the best! 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Do mention it to oncologist as taxol sometimes causes lung issues. I don't remember the cough but had a constant nasal drip. Watery eyes and spontaneous blood noses and blocked nose. Saline spray assisted with this. Kath x