Looking good

wendy_h67
wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
Yesterday I attended a Look Good Feel Better morning,  and had a great day.   The volunteers are qualified beauticians and hair dressers and they did a good job of making you feel relaxed and pampered as they showed you how to apply a bit of makeup and how it can make you feel soo much better. My loverly volunteer helped me with my eye makeup and showed me how to do my brows that have disappeared . We tried on some wigs and hats and all had a good laugh. The volunteers even supplied morning tea and we got to take home the makeup that had been supplied and donated by cosmetic companies.  I would recommend the Look Good Feel Better program to any one that is going through treatment.  It definitely gives your spirits a boost.  You just need to go out somewhere special for lunch afterwards. 

Comments

• LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    @wendy_h67, glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. You deserve it.
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    The look good feel better workshop is a lovely date on the calander amoungst the many horrible appointments. Thouroughly enjoyed mine also!
  • wendy55
    wendy55 Member Posts: 774
    Hi wendy, yes I went to one a couple of years ago and have thought of attending another, I still have no eyebrows and my eyes water a lot with my oral chemo, so makeup is really hard, so glad you enjoyed yourself, its lovely just to take time out for yourself and be pampered, its something that we dont do enough of!!!
    wendy55
  • Vallerina
    Vallerina Member Posts: 183
    I was invited but declined because i didnt hav chemo and felt pretty good  i left the space for someone that needed it more. BUT an opportinity then arose to have a facial and massage through similar group. beautiful you on qld sunshine coast.  and i thought ok i do deserve that . It was lovely to be pampered. :-)