Lymphodema surgery

KymB
KymB Member Posts: 93
Hi - I’m wondering if anyone (in the Melbourne region) has had arm lymphoedema surgery performed by Plastic Surgeon, Mr Ramin Shayan.
If yes, would be grateful if you could share some feedback. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    My lymphoedema therapist mentioned some time ago someone in Melbourne who is transplanting lymph nodes. She said that outcomes had been variable, but might be worth looking at for those with severe swelling or pain. I too would be interested if anyone has gone through this surgery - I have little difficulty with my arm and would probably not do it myself, but it's an interesting development.
  • Afraser
    Try www.brightonasticsurgery.com

• Afraser
    Sorry! www.brightonplasticsurgery.com
  • mum2jj
    mum2jj Member Posts: 4,327
    @tovith was an active member a few years ago and she has had surgery for lymphedema. Not sure if she’s still on the network, but you could try messaging her. 
    Paula xxxx
  • tovith
    tovith Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2017
    Hello ladies.  I did have lymphodoema surgery about 4-5 years ago and it was performed by Dr Philip Rome who can be found in Sydney.  Here is a link to the type of surgery which I had:  https://www.mqhealth.org.au/hospital-clinics/lymphoedema-clinic/procedures/lymphovenous-anastomosis-lva
    xx
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Hi @tovith
     did you think it was worth it?  what are the plus and negatives for it please. 
  • pretty_em
    pretty_em Member Posts: 1
    Hi Tovith
    I'm also thinking about doing the LVT surgery and are you able to share some advise, did it help your lymphoedema? thanks