Free berlie post surgery bra

adean
adean Member Posts: 1,036
Hi guys l have a brand new berlie post surgery bra 12b . Plus an insert if anyone would like it please send me a message and l will post it to you. Adean

Comments

• onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    I never even got my free Berlei bra nor did I even know about it as my breast care nurse was awful. I have a pair of amoena prosthetics Natura Xtra Light 25N 400 ~ Size 5 Im pretty sure they are a B size as well if anyone wants them I prefer my crocheted ones. They are in really good condition too and will save anyone paying the $800 up front first  that you need to pay to get them and  then you have to wait to get the rebate from Medicare. (I’ve put that complaint also in my letter to Susan Lamb)  Margie xx
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    I also have a berlei bra size 14B never worn still have tags if anyone wants it.
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    @onemargie, you could still get your Berlei bra now just contact BCNA direct. My mum is just about to buy another prosthetic and has lost weight so I will check her size tomorrow and get back to you if they are still available?
  • onemargie
    It’s ok I use the Kmart sports bras and find they are most comfortable for me and yes they are still available just let me know Margie x
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Hi everyone you can donate them to
     The Fijian Women's Breast Cancer Project
    https//www.facebook.com/LilyBlissToYou/  is where you can find information for this 
  • adean
    adean Member Posts: 1,036
    Perfect thankyou
  • Ann-Marie
    Ann-Marie Member Posts: 1,142
    edited October 2017
    Hi everyone, just thought I would jump in here to let you know about BCNA's My Care Kit @onemargie you may like to order a kit here.
  • onemargie
    To be honest I tried them on with the prosthetics and didn’t like them anyway. So will probably donate them to the local charity I’m supporting tomorrow for my fundraiser be uplifted if @poodlejules doesn’t want them as I’m pretty sure they have a similar program too. Xx
  • poodlejules
    poodlejules Member Posts: 393
    Thanks @onemargie , I checked with mum and her current ones are a 5, best she gets refitted I think, so please go ahead and donate them.I had a double lumpectomy and have found a lovely wirefree bra thats very comfy and doesn't rub on my sentinal node scar. It's a Playtex Play Comfort Revolution Wirefree Smoothtec Band Bra. Bought my first one at Harris Scarfe but then found them on Catch of the Day for a lot les $$$$ ! i need a sports bra so will try the Kmart ones thanks!
  • onemargie
    Ok no worries love x
  • Margey
    Margey Member Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I had a wide local excision DCIS I did not know about the free bra, the breast care nurse said nothing really.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540

@Margey
    https://www.bcna.org.au/resource-hub/articles/breast-prostheses/

Read through the link above as it talks about the free Berlei bra
  • Daina-BCNA
    Daina-BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 29
    Hi @Margey - feel free to call BCNA on 1800 500 258 and we can order you a My Care Kit, which is recommended post surgery for 6-12 weeks. The kit comes with a Berlei post surgical bra. We would just need to know your bra size e.g. 16C - If you don't know your bra size then we suggest you measure - Under bust and then Over bust. All the best