New too!

Tilly45
Tilly45 Member Posts: 86
Hi, I was recently diagnosed (mid July) with metastatic bc in liver, (stage 4) hr receptive. What a shock! Had no clue at all. I just found out that I can go on the new ribociclib trial. I'm a little worried about the fatigue. Glad to have this forum to read about the experiences of others.  - clear
Tagged:

Comments

• Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    Hi @Tilly45 and welcome. A bc diagnosis is certainly a shock, and a stage 4 diagnosis must make it that much harder to get your head around. I'm not stage 4, but there are others on here who are that will likely jump on and say hi, too. They have loads of advice for living well with mets. There are also social groups specifically for young women and for living with metastatic cancer if you should like to join. It's great that you've been able to get onto a trial for ribociclib. It's reputably a very effective drug. I've just started on a trial for palbociclib as a preventative. I'm only 4 days in, but so far I feel quite well, not too tired. This is a great place to ask questions, so ask away. Good luck with your drug trial xxxooo
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Hi @Tilly45 You may like to join the group for ladies living with metastatic disease. Link below.

http://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/group/2-living-with-metastatic-breast-cancer

Also there is a resource available called Hopes and Hurdles, if you don't have one already the link is below.

https://www.bcna.org.au/resource/kits/hope-hurdles/

Good news on the trial. Have you been connected with a breast cancer nurse yet?

Ask anything..we will help with whatever we can. There are many ladies on this site living well with stage IV and they will provide you will invaluable support.  Kath x
  • Tilly45
    Tilly45 Member Posts: 86
    Thank you, I will join the group for metastatic breast cancer. I can see that this will be a valuable support.
  • Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    That's great @Tilly45 then you can post in the group as well as here on the main forum.