Tired

I stopped chemo 7 weeks ago and ive returned to work.. im tired..i mean tired... any tips on natural remedies..this cant last forever ???

Comments

• Moosie
    Moosie Member Posts: 30
    Hi Sonyia. Can I ask what chemo drugs you were on. I've just finished 4x AC and 4 x docetaxal and whilst it's only been a week since I finished I am so fatigued. I can hardly speak to,people on the phone. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I'm guessing there are a few of us out here thinking 'What can I post that isn't negative?' Stuffed if I know, this shit is exhausting.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Yep it's tiring alright!  You have to allow yourself time to adjust as this is a new normal that is evolving!  Be kind to yourself and roll with it and eventually your old self will slowly re-appear, or at least that's the grand plan!
  • melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    edited September 2017
    Ummm yeah just want to say that everyone is different but I'm 21 months post chemo and still suffer fatigue but not as bad as initially. My Oncologist said it can take up to 2yrs to recover from treatment, that there are so many variants. I've found it's been a gradual progression forward, with a good balance in my life, eating well, indulging whenever I want LOL and working with an Exercise Physiologist and trying to be as active as I can manage. I work only 3 days still, havent been able to return to full capacity but have no choice come January 2018. My job is extremely demanding on my feet, mental and physical working with Autistic Children.

I think it's about balance, eat well, enjoy the things you love, exercise to what is comfortable, and take time out for you...I no longer put work above myself and I have more balance and less stress.

x Melinda
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I started back at 20 hours and built up slowly. I needed a solid nap every afternoon.  What helped me was to increase my exercise tolerance. I started doing 10 minutes walking then built up to 20. Once I hit full time I felt too tired and stopped exercising but then got tireder. So back to the beginning of 10 minute walking and now doing better again. If I get really tired I just have a couple days rest then on I go. I just take a multivitamin, fish oil and have focussed on my 2 plus 5 fruit and veg. 
  • onemargie
    onemargie Member Posts: 1,264
    I finished chemo in October last year ( 4 AC fortnightlyand 4 paclitaxol fortnightly - dose dense) and my fatigued slowly improved over time and now the last 2 months I've felt the best I have for years. No fatigue through the day and have been able to tolerate full time hours at work now when I get them (built this up slowly) and don't tire out til around 8 or 9 which is great. Sometimes I have nap on the weekends if I choose and Also I hardly ever get hot flushes anymore and don't remember the last time I took panadol osteo and the neuropathy in my hands is 90% better. I still have fortnightly physio for my left arm (lymph nodes and mastectomy this side) mastectomy only R side. And the range of motion and pain is soooo much  better with that too. I walk our dogs every morning eat well indulge when I feel like it (everything tasted funny on chemo) and enjoy a couple drinkypoos on the weekend (missed that during chemo too)  So I'm very very lucky. As mel said get the balance right lovey be patient and listen to your body . Margie ❤️