Port removal tomorrow - no love lost

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Oh yeah. I just took the steri-strips off after having mine removed last week. Get off me, you creepy metal do-dad. Marg xx
  • lgray3911
    lgray3911 Member Posts: 207
    Question?? So can you just do herceptin through normal cannula in your arm?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Yep, that's how I did mine. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Good riddance. 
  • Cynth6
    Cynth6 Member Posts: 189
    Cya port !! Congrats @Joannie

I have a picc line and on Friday I get it removed as it's my last chemo infusion. 

Is the port the one that goes in the chest ?

i had a really bad skin reaction with the dressing that was used to cover the line. Having this damn thing since April I'm also very happy to see it gone !
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Whatever method is easiest would be my choice. After 6 months of chemo, I was surprised my veins were still viable, especially as I was down to one arm, but it was all OK. Always good to see procedures change over time if they reduce wear and tear and angst!
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Sorry to hear your port was such a problem. This is my third time I have been on IV chemo and this time I begged for a port. I Haven't had any trouble with it at all and as my chemo is on  going,  I think it is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm  in no hurry to give it back.
  • Unicornkisses
    Unicornkisses Member Posts: 402
    Do you have any funny reactions to having the port removed? I had weeks of weird sensations when it was put in, I wondered if it is the same when it is taken out?

Another question, do power ports set off the scanner at airports?