Waxing and massage

Annabelle
Annabelle Member Posts: 45
edited August 2017 in Health and wellbeing

Hey guys,

Was wondering how soon it is safe to have your legs waxed and have a massage. I finished chemo in April and radiation two weeks ago. I feel like doing something nice for myself but not if its not safe to do so.

Would love to hear others thoughts.

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I had massages right through, except for a couple of weeks when my skin was breaking down during rads. As for waxing, I'm afraid that if that constitutes doing something nice, this black duck is going to stay miserable :)
  • Annabelle
    How do I change the wacing to waxing. Lol. Clearly my chemo brain is not working.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Ask the staff @BCNA and perhaps they can alter it for you 
  • Mrs_H
    Mrs_H Member Posts: 102
    I checked with my oncologist who said that massage was fine during my Taxol chemo treatment.
  • LITHGOW1950
    LITHGOW1950 Member Posts: 314
    My oncologist said it was ok to have massages.  Wondering why you need to wax.  I lost 'all' my hair from everywhere! Actually not entirely all from my head.  Go pamper yourself you deserve it.
  • Jess_BCNA
    Jess_BCNA Member Posts: 475

Annabelle said:

How do I change the wacing to waxing. Lol. Clearly my chemo brain is not working.

All changed for you @Annabelle :-) x
  • Annabelle
    Thank you xx
  • MKitty68
    MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
    Did you get an answer about the waxing Annabelle?

i have lost the hair from pretty much everywhere EXCEPT my legs & armpits! hows that for sucky! Luckily they're not very hairy anyway. I am starting to lose my left eyebrow but not the right one yet & still have my lashes so far, but the hair on my head & pubes were gone around 2 & a half weeks in. 
    I'm starting to wonder about waxing my legs with the warmer weather starting up here in Brissy already. My bf couldn't give a damn if I have a hairy body or not - my head hair is a different matter, he can't wait for that to grow back... me either. My hair was down to my lower back, i miss it so much.