Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Test anxiety

angg66
angg66 Member Posts: 188
Hi ladies,
I had a CT & bone scan last week. My oncologist usually sends me an SMS if everything is ok (ie that the mets are stable). Not so this time. So my imagination has gone into overdrive. I am thinking the worst. I meet with him tomorrow morning. Very anxious. I hate waiting for test results! 

Ange

Comments

• fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    @angg66 your feelings are perfectly normal. Wishing you all the best. I know meditation helps . I find sitting in a chair or lying in bed and checking each part of your body for tension helps.eg while sitting in a chair I had not realized my arm was tight slowly I unfurled it. 
     You are only human and it would be hard not to be anxious best wishes
  • socoda
    socoda Member Posts: 1,767
    Hi @angg66, wishing you all the best for those test results. Please let us know how you get on. Sending calming vibes. Xx Cath
  • Judy_M
    Judy_M Member Posts: 15
    I understand your anxiety so well. With my previous cancer I'd be physically sick with anxiety in the days leading up to scans. So my oncologist arranged for me to wait and get the written report straight away. That way I often had it before or at the same time as he did. Even with bad news that was easier to for me to manage. Can you discuss this with your oncologist? Mine at the time was Michael Green and he absolutely respected the right of patients to have their reports asap. 
    Ive moved from Melbourne to geelong now, so I see a different oncologist but I started with him also asserting that I want copies of reports asap. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Judy_M my Medical Onc is Michael Green and he is without doubt very caring and compassionate.  He gets it and gives me comfort in knowing that he has my health first and foremost! 
    @angg66 I get your thoughts - need to try and bring them around to something that will make you smile or hum a song that puts you in a happy space.   
    Take care sending you both virtual hugs
  • angg66
    angg66 Member Posts: 188
    Hi ladies. Thanks for your feedback. I've seen the oncologist. The mets in the  lymph nodes in my chest have increased slightly. Not bad but need to do something now. So the option is either radiotherapy on those pesky lymph nodes or Chemo (Abraxane). The oncologist has left the decision to me. So will think about it over the next week. Ange 
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    If it was an option to me, I would ask for both. :)