Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Fragility

iserbrown
iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
I just wanted to share with you all that today is a sad day for my family.  We have learnt that cousin, not too much older than I, has lost her battle.  Primary was Breast cancer but in time her body rebelled; the duodenum was where it was detected.
She is now at peace.  Just a reminder how fragile we all are.  Today is a reminder for me to take stock around me, be thankful that mine is under control and not to become distressed (scanxiety) over the constant tests.  My next round is 30 June.
Take care all xx
Tagged:

Comments

• nikkid
    nikkid Member Posts: 1,766
    Sending hugs @iserbrown
      <3
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    I'm very sorry for your loss @iserbrown
  • wendy_h67
    wendy_h67 Member, Dragonfly Posts: 466
    Wishing you all the best with your scans. Sorry to hear about your cousin. Yes it really makes you think how fragile life is. I recently lost a close friend who didn't have cancer, but had pneumonia and although I know she was sick I never expected to have that phone call from her son to say she had died. We really need to make every day count. Sending love.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @wendy_h67
    Thank you!  It is so true we are all fragile regardless
    Goodness as you say, someone is unwell but never ever expect that phone call - that must've been heartbreaking to receive that call. 
    Take care, sending you a virtual hug xx
  • fairydust
    fairydust Member Posts: 290
    @iserbrown you are right enjoy each day as it comes if possible.
     I remembered many years ago having a conversation with a neighbour 
    Anway she told me her mother was  very ill. She was trying to persuade her mother to have fun, spend money on herself. The mother said no the money should go to her children/grandkids. 
    The daughter said no... they have enough be kind to yourself. There is plenty for everyone.
    The mother finally took the advice and the daughter reported to me mum had the time of her life and enjoyed the time she had left. best wishes

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @iserbrown Christine, you are in my thoughts and totally agree...how fragile we all are..sending you hugs! Melinda xo
  • Anne94
    Anne94 Member Posts: 162
    @iserbrown
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs. 
    Xoxo
    Anne 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I'm sorry for your loss.
  • nelliejs
    nelliejs Member Posts: 20
    I think we need a hug button we can press. The ones given just don't cover it in a circumstance like this. 
    Sorry for your loss and sending hugs. An excellent reminder for us all to make the most of every day. 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    xxxx
  • LMK74
    LMK74 Member Posts: 795
    Sorry for your loss. It's just so devastating.
    XO 
  • Hopes_and_Dreams
    Hopes_and_Dreams Member Posts: 760
    So sorry to hear your sad news.  You are in my thoughts. Sending a hug.  Jane xx
  • Brenda5
    Brenda5 Member Posts: 2,423
    Condolences and thats WHY all our birthdays as so important. It's another year we mortals have cheated death and have life. <3
  • Payne
    Payne Member Posts: 150
    So sorry for your loss.  Yes, a timely reminder to treasure each and every day and focus on the positives rather than the negatives (which I keep finding myself doing).

Love to you 

• Molly001
    Molly001 Member Posts: 419
    So sorry for your loss xxx