Put a ❤️ On your wall Facebook message

MKitty68
MKitty68 Member Posts: 261
This thing has started up again. 
Does anyone else get annoyed by these? 
It does nothing to raise awareness! 
The 'know your lemons' meme is far better! It was due to that meme that I realised something was not as it should be… not some stupid little heart on someone's wall. 
Im trying to not bite my well-meaning friends heads off by these 'secret' messages, but find it annoying. 
How do you deal with these? 

Comments

• JanineG
    JanineG Member Posts: 148
    Oh gosh I'm glad it's not just me! Lol yep annoy the heck out of me. I find it therapeutic to just hide the post
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Gives me the irrits. Pointless behaviour which I can only assume is meant to signal how virtuous the people who participate are. Pffhht. 
  • MKitty68
    My responses tonight
    "No. I don't do these. They do nothing for bc awareness or prevention etc 
    I already have breast cancer. 
    What really helped me was the 'know your lemons' meme"
  • MKitty68
    I was tempted to send them a photo of my deflated boob, with the message… 'this will make sure you check your girls, I don't need a reminder as I have this'
    but I decided to keep my well-meaning naive friends LOL
  • EarthWalkerLisha
    EarthWalkerLisha Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2017
    This is what I posted on my Facebook status when the hearts start appearing, plus I add a link to breast screen. Feel free to copy and use on your Facebook:

Rather than posting a heart on your status, maybe remember to check yourself instead for any unusual lumps and bumps and go have a breast screen. Men too need to check themselves, breast cancer can strike anyone, male or female. Breast cancer does not discriminate. I post this with love in my heart  <3
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Annoys me and I resist writing anything rude...but it is sooo hard.
  • MKitty68
    I'm so glad it's not just me! I got annoyed by these things even before getting bc myself. 
  • Melsie97
    Melsie97 Member Posts: 74
    I hate it too. I wrote something similar that it does nothing but as someone who is going through it, I implore you all (men and women) to check your boobs.
  • MKitty68
    @EarthWalkerLisha thank you, i will use that! 
  • KimW
    KimW Member Posts: 76
    I hate it also, I just ignore now and realise that they mean well but dong understand how it does nothing to help people with breast cancer, it doesn't raise funds and lets face it awareness is well and truely understood we all know to be aware of changes.  each to their own it was similar post a photo of yourself with no make up, who thinks up these silly ideas on fb.
  • Cosette
    Cosette Member Posts: 637
    I don't like it either. It's basically an internet version of a chain letter. I usually get them in a conversation with dozens of other people. I always ignore it and leave the conversation.
  • JanineG
    JanineG Member Posts: 148
    I suggested forget the heart post and make a donation to BCNA as this would actually be helpful. 
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I've  just received 3 in last 24 hours. Grrr
  • MKitty68
    @EarthWalkerLisha's suggestion with the link to Breastcreeen, which a few of my friends have now shared instead.