Support Ideas

Options
dean
dean Member Posts: 2

WOW, its like a ghost town in here ...

Can't help but think many other blokes have tried to get help, support etc. But the process here I way too restrictive ...

Why not make joining this group easier? If already joined the network, allow blokes to join this group but make it subject to review.

people in distress need help asap not after some admin approval process ... Its worse here than lifeline. Everytime I have tried to call them they have an on hold message straight up ...

Tried to get counseling too via cancer council. Appointments all months away. Absolute joke.

So much for support when you really need it!

Tagged:

Comments

• trevor_p
    trevor_p Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Dean,

Really sorry to hear that you haven't received the support you need and deserve. I'm only a member so not too sure about how all the admin stuff works, but just wanted to say that there are people here to chat to, if you'd like. My wife was diagnosed over two years ago now and underwent chemo, a double mastectomy and radiation. If you'd like to speak to someone who's been through something similar to what you might be facing right now, please just pm me and I'd be more than happy to chat. Wishing you and your partner all the very best.

Trevor
  • Scotty H
    Scotty H Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Dean

Im happy to chat also. My wife was diagnosed 7 years ago and underwent mastectomy , chemo,. radio and only just two weeks ago a reconstruction. So we can see where your coming from do you mind sharing abit about yourself?

Cheers Scotty

• Scotty H
    Scotty H Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Dean

Im happy to chat also. My wife was diagnosed 7 years ago and underwent mastectomy , chemo,. radio and only just two weeks ago a reconstruction. So we can see where your coming from do you mind sharing abit about yourself?

Cheers Scotty