New to TNBC

Options
Sarah C
Sarah C Member Posts: 2
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed

Hi Everyone, Just a quick hi to everyone and to introduce myself.  I am 34 and I was recently diagnosed with TNBC.  I have had a lumpectomy and I am about to start 6 months of chemo.  I finished an ivf cycle but unfortunately it wasn't successful.  I am lucky to already have a little man who is about to turn 3 but I wanted to keep my options open for when I complete my treatment.  I will be using Zoladex during my treatment with the aim to look after my eggs.  No guarantee but I am willing to give anything a go :)  It is wonderful to have you all to go through this with.

Cheers, Sarah

Comments

• gilliann
    gilliann Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was in the same situation as yourself last year.
    Diagnosed with TNBC a few weeks before my 30th birthday. Tried IVF too but was unsuccessful. Had the zoladex implant in my tummy before chemo. My periods stopped completely during chemo but returned 3 months after I finished chemo. Hope your travelling well., take comfort in the fact your not alone, although it may feel like it sometimes. Take care.
    Gillian xxx
  • Sarah C
    Sarah C Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks GIlliann.  You don't realise how many people are actually going through or been through the same thing until it happens to you.  I hope you are going well xx