Recent diagnosis

Options
Damien
Damien Member Posts: 1

G'day Guys.

My beautiful wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. its is treatable and we're informed it is what's known as "home brand" breast cancer, the most common type. We had some extremely anxious moments from the initial diagnosis to knowing exactly what we are dealing with.

My wife is strong, determined, resilient and very positive. Her strong will is infectious. She is much more positive about it than me. My anxiety levels are very high, but not for a second do I believe she won't conquer this. Long road ahead. She is more than ready. Not sure that I am.

Tagged:

Comments

• Scotty H
    Scotty H Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Damien. 

Having a strong will will help to get you both through. In my experience talking about both of your feelings, worries and sharing the good days ahead helped my wife and I through. I wont lie and say that we didnt have dark days but the journey ahead is better taken by two people to carry and support each other. 

And remember you are not alone you have all of us boys here for you to bounce off. 

Scotty 

• Scotty H
    Scotty H Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hello Damien. 

Having a strong will will help to get you both through. In my experience talking about both of your feelings, worries and sharing the good days ahead helped my wife and I through. I wont lie and say that we didnt have dark days but the journey ahead is better taken by two people to carry and support each other. 

And remember you are not alone you have all of us boys here for you to bounce off. 

Scotty