Spam Messages

Daff
Daff Member Posts: 2
edited March 2011 in General discussion

Hi, This is my first post and I'm disappointed to say it is about spam messages. 

I have received typical spam, person from Indonesia, husband died, want to leave you money type messages.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there any way we can stop them?

Comments

• Di_BCNA
    Di_BCNA Member Posts: 896
    edited March 2015

Hi Daff, sorry your first post had to be about spam, too,  but thanks for posting about it as it's timely to remind everyone what our advice is for dealing with spam.

There's a post about it here that you should read: http://www.bcna.org.au/network/groups/54/blog/4735, but in summary, please use the 'block sender' function at the bottom of any spam private message you receive, and then copy and paste the text into an email to us (with the user's name) at bcnaonline@bcna.org.au. That way we can block the user so that they have no further access to the network.   Alternately I'm happy for you to send me a private message at any time. 

Di

• Daff
    Daff Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015

Hi Di, Thanks for responding so quickly.  I must admit I was pretty annoyed at getting spam here.  This is sacred territory and I hate the fact that they are spamming people who are at their most vulnerable.  I will read the post and send you the users name in future.  Again, thanks for the response.  Stay Well, Pamela.

• di-p52
    di-p52 Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015

Hi Daff,

I havent had any probs with spammers.

Di  :)

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015

hi fran peatt here mansfield can care.

i have also recieved one of these but in the mail the police told me to either just rip it up or report to accc . we dont need this crap when we have so much other crap to contend with . fran

• FranP
    FranP Member Posts: 396
    edited March 2015

hi fran peatt here mansfield can care.

i have also recieved one of these but in the mail the police told me to either just rip it up or report to accc . we dont need this crap when we have so much other crap to contend with . fran