Physiotherapist

Options
donnampearce
donnampearce Member Posts: 26
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

It has been 6 weeks since I have had my mastectomy and although I have been seeing the physiotherapist at the hospital she said that I should have more movement in my arm by now.
Can anyone recommend me a physiotherapist around Brisbane. Pref near Ferny Hills,Arana Hills, Grange, Aspley area?

Tagged:

Comments

• Annerand
    Annerand Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello
    I can highly recommend Dr Robyn Box . Her practice is at The Grange. She is a lymphoedma therapist and works in the field of rehab for breast cancer patients.

I had a mastectomy about 8 weeks ago and she was recommended by my surgeon.. I have found her very helpful in getting full movement of my arm etc.

Her number is 3358 7737

Hope your recovery is progressing well.
  • Annerand
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello
    I can highly recommend Dr Robyn Box . Her practice is at The Grange. She is a lymphoedma therapist and works in the field of rehab for breast cancer patients.

I had a mastectomy about 8 weeks ago and she was recommended by my surgeon.. I have found her very helpful in getting full movement of my arm etc.

Her number is 3358 7737

Hope your recovery is progressing well.
  • donnampearce
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne,

Thank you so much for this information that you have given me. I will call her today.  How are you going with it all?

Regards Donna

• donnampearce
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne,

Thank you so much for this information that you have given me. I will call her today.  How are you going with it all?

Regards Donna

• donnampearce
    edited March 2015
    Options

thank you very very much jess

• Annerand
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Donna

How did you go with Dr Robyn Box?

I am travelling well. Had 8 days off work after my mastectomy then straight back into it. No real pain , just a bit uncomfortable and some sensitive areas on my ribs.
    I was fitted for a prosthesis last weekend. I don't really like wearing it as it is quite heavy. Hope I can get used to it.
    I am lucky in that I haven't had to have any other treatment such as chemo or radiotherapy.

I hope you are feeling well and get some good results from the physio. I found her very helpful and approachable.

Please let me know how you go.

Kind Regards
    Anne
  • donnampearce
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Anne,

Robyn is on holidays until the 14th of July. I left a message on her answering machine for when she gets back and will make an appointment with her as soon as possible.

Wow. You are a trooper going straight back into work again. Well done. 

I decided not to use the external prosthesis. Like you  found it too heavy and uncomfortable.  It is a lot easier for me to wrap a scarf around my neck and let it dangle.

Good luck with getting used to the prosthesis. Hope to hear from you how it all comes along.

Regards Donna

• Annerand
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Donna

Sorry . I forgot that she was going away. Robyn strongly advised to use the prosthesis as it helps to move any fluid that accumulates and also with reactivating the nerve endings. Still, its heavy... Guess I will persevere for a couple of weeks and hope I get used to it.!

I am thinking of having the other breast removed for peace of mind and then maybe can downsize to something much lighter . I am a size 14 - 16 and am endeavouring to eat healthy and hopefully lose some weight along the way.

Its so good to talk to someone who is tackling the same issues and comparing notes. This is certainly a wonderful site.

As to returning to work , we have our own business so couldn't be away for long , plus I could come and go as I needed. Not easy, but doable.

Hope to hear from you about your experience and hope you are keeping well . Did you have any other treatments ?

Kind Regards

Anne