NBCC Project Lead Cancun

Options
Lorraine
Lorraine Member Posts: 51
edited February 2011 in General discussion

I am privledged to be selected to attend Project Lead, an initative of National Breast Cancer Coalition (NBCC).  The project aims to assist consumer advocates understand current research and represent the needs of the consumer.

After about 19 hours of flying I arrived in Cancum Mexico last night.  My primary concern was a shower and bed.  On waking from a restful sleep this morning and looking at the view from my hotel room I thought I may have died and g one to heaven such was the beauty of the view.  I am overlooking the Carribean and the gardens of the hotel.  The beach appears to stretch for ever and the numerous hotel pools glisten in the sun.,  The fronds of the palm trees gently sway in the warm breeze and appear to be inviting all to come to the beach. This is truly a very beautiful place and the hotel itself is in a word luxurious.  I am indeed very provledged.

The humidity here played nasty games with my hair. I washed and attempted a blow dry it which resulted in a wild frizz..  Well what to do?  Of course the only solution was the beauty salon. Off I go and have my hair professionally blow dried.  Life here sure is hard. But really a little self care is good for each and every one of us. 

Today is the first day of the Project.  I have registered and collected the information  pack.  I have met Nolen Rodney who is a key organiser of this event.  I have also met two participants a lady from Uganda and another from Japan I am looking forward to getting to know them a little better over the next few days. Apart from the registration and the dinner this evenning the day is very much my own so I will do some walking around the hotel and the beach and mentally prepare for the leartning days ahead.

So watch this space for more information.  I am full of anticipation for the next few days.

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Lorraine,

I had only just read Petrina's blog post about the two of you going to Mexico. Wow! I hope you both enjoy your trip :-)

Daina

• Lorraine
    Lorraine Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Diamma

Attendence at Project Lead was truly awsome.  Watch this space as I relay some of the amazing new research.

Lorraine