Went back to work Thurs 27th Jan

Options
Christine Denniss
Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
edited January 2011 in Day to day

Hi everyone of you lovely people,

Thought I would let you all know I went back to work thursday 27th Jan. I have a letter from my Oncologist to say I can go back to work while I was feeling well enough. So the week before the next chemo I will be back at work a few hours a day, mainly so I keep using my brain and keep intouch with the real world out there.

I have my 3rd chemo FEC onFriday 4th Jan. So I can work up until Wed, Doctors Appt and blood tests and port acces on Thursday and Chemo most of Friday the sickagain for about 10 days.

Hope you are all holding in there and fighting to beat this mongrel of a disease.

I have two new grand babies due in May and June. So I have lots to look forward to.

Take care and keep smiling

Chrissy D :) xoxo

Comments

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank You Moira,

Yes I know to stay away from anyone with germs. I'm in an office mostly with one other person. Thanks for caring. I dont push the envelope just plod along and do what I feel like doing and go home when I start to feel a little tired, usually by lunchtime. Then rest and relax the rest of the day.

Today was my last day at work until about 17th Feb when I might feel better after chemo on This friday.

Yes really looking forward to the new grand babies.

Take care of your yourself too

love and hugs from Chrissy D xoxo :)

• Wendy Stip
    Wendy Stip Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2015
    Options

Just got back from round 2. I got to see the oncologist today & have all my medications all prepared in case I get the same side affects. He was very helpful today & quite concerned that he wasn't able to help me after my first chemo as he was away. Got to wear the smurf cap (ice pack on the head) again, just in case it can stop the rest of my hair falling out. Worth a try.

I really happy to hear that you're going to be a grannie twice over in the coming months. That will definitely keep you occupied & give you something to look forward to.

I'm a bit concerned about all those people in North Queensland. My daughter lives in Townsville & the rest of my family is in Mackay. Not good places to be for the next day or two. I really feel for those people in Innisfail. They still haven't recovered from cyclone Larry & now this massive cyclone is headed their way.

Good luck for Friday

Take care, Wendy