new pic

Samantha Cunnington
Samantha Cunnington Member Posts: 235
edited January 2013 in Day to day

I thought i would upload a new pic of Steve and I, it was taken at home by a local journo for a pink lady day article and I love it.  Steve has chosen to keep the 'cancer cut' look (I think mainly because he wants to keep the grey hair as invisible as possible!!)

Also a quick update...keeping up with regular scans and they are showing great results. The oncoligist keeps reminding us that this may not last, but certainly enjoy the freedom of 'yuk free' treatment right now.

Getting ready for a local Relay For Life event, our team has raised over $1300 and with a couple of fundraisers still to come over the next 5 weeks we hope to break into $2000's. With no cure for secondary cancer our researchers really need those $$$$ to give us all hope of a long and healthy future..so get involved with your local groups too..its a lot of fun!

Can't wait for the kids to go back to school, they are not driving me insane, but they really miss their friends and the routine of school life...plus I might get in a few more coffees/lunches with friends myself (not too selfish at all!!) 

Enjoying this beautiful 'not too hot' weather here in sth west victoria and grateful we are not affected by any flooding, although emotionally drained from seeing everyone else suffering..my thoughts have been with them all constantly.

Anyway, have a great day/month/year..I have made a few contacts thru here and check the site daily for any new postings..its a great resource

Keep well and KEEP SMILING..even if u have to fake it (coz it does make u feel better too!)

Sam  xxx

Comments

• Daina_BCNA
    Daina_BCNA Member Posts: 796
    edited March 2015

Hi Sam,

That is great that you are feeling better and your scan results have come back postive.

The photo is great and so happy to see that you have made connections through the site and feel supported.

If you have any questions about the network dont hesitate to ask.

Look forward to seeing you online :-)

Daina

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015

Good for you Sam,

Love the pic. My hibby is the same he is almost all over bald but keeps it shaved to hide the few greys left. At the moment we are Twins with bald heads. Got to get a pic of us so I can put it on the web.

Enjoy your bit of free time now the kids are back at school.

Take Care and keep in touch

Chrissy D xox :)

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015

Hi Samantha

Whoo hoo, mine went back to school today!!!!!!!! 

That is a great pic and good news that your scan results are good and you can remain treatment free for longer.

Talk soon.

Tanya xx

• Tanya
    Tanya Member Posts: 380
    edited March 2015

Hi Samantha

Whoo hoo, mine went back to school today!!!!!!!! 

That is a great pic and good news that your scan results are good and you can remain treatment free for longer.

Talk soon.

Tanya xx