First blog

Options
CheryleO
CheryleO Member Posts: 30
edited October 2016 in Newly diagnosed
Just found out I have breast cancer. Next week biopsy.
Tagged:

Comments

• Deanne
    Deanne Member Posts: 2,163
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am so sorry that you have been diagnosed but want to welcome you to this network. Reading other people's stories, getting advice and sharing your concerns are ways that this network can help.

When you are first diagnosed is often the worst time as you get a crash course in breast cancer, something none of us ever wanted to do. There is a lot of waiting, when all we want to know is how bad is it and what needs to be done and get on with it. It is scarey and takes over your life for a while. But once you know more and have a treatment plan it does get easier.

Please use this network to help you along the way. There is nothing like talking with someone who has been through it to settle your fears. Take care and let us know how you go. Deanne xxx

• CheryleO
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Deanne. Yes it is a bit overwhelming. I have been going thru this cancer journey with my mum and was always thinking how horrible it must feel. Did not know I too would be given this diagnosis. Thought the next few months , which will be my mums last , would be hard. Little did I know just how much harder it is going to be. The waiting is awful. The not knowing. So I will be glad when biopsy done & I get to see surgeon etc & find out where I am headed. My daughter found this site for me & last night I sat up late in bed reading stories. Over the last few months I have read a lot about mums pancreatic cancer as I feel it's good to be informed. So now it's onto breast cancer. Cheryle xx
  • moira1
    moira1 Member Posts: 449
    edited March 2015
    Options
    First of all welcome to the club nobody wants to be a member of but we are glad it's here. That first few days after being told you have bc have to the worst ever. Then the waiting to see what is going to happen. Although we would rather not be in this situation once you find out what the plan of action is. You are then on the roller coaster with the main aim of getting through it. That's where our bcna ladies on here come into it. We have people who have just started the journey like yourself to others who have gone through it. No questions are stupid in here so please laugh cry or just vent and I'm sure there will be someone on here to do it with you. Or answer your questions Which always helps!! Please come back and let us know how things are going. Good luck x moira
  • CheryleO
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks Moira. Will keep you all updated. Is great to know this support is out there. It's been good being able to read about other ladies in the same predicament. Xx
  • Liztay82
    Liztay82 Member Posts: 213
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Welcome to the group hope ure biopsy goes well will be thinking of u I've finished all my surgery now and now up to treatments
  • disey
    disey Member Posts: 40
    edited March 2015
    Options

All the best with the results Cheryle hope its the best news for you !

Can I ask where in the country you live ? Obviously they dont have the services for treating you.

All went well with my chemo yesterday but have to have a needle today so I dont go neutropenia like I did the first treatment mind you the drugs are worth $2000 wow its an expensive exercise this having Breast cancer but I am more thankful its covered.

Chat soon Di xx

• CheryleO
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi Di. I live in Mudgee. Can have surgery in Dubbo. Or go to Sydney. No results back today. Still waiting.
  • CheryleO
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you have a mastectomy, what is the average cost for reconstruction? Is any of it covered by private health insurance?
  • CheryleO
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you have a mastectomy, what is the average cost for reconstruction? Is any of it covered by private health insurance?