Fraziska

Franziska
Franziska Member Posts: 6
edited November 2016 in Community news and events

Hi everyone,

I live and work in Alice Springs.Had a Mastectomy and Lymphclearance 2 years ago.Also booked in May to have a Tram Flap Breastreconstruction.

Now my question is I do and have done Pilates for many years was just wondering if there are specific Exersices post op .As it involves abdominal and arm muscle.I have a transformer and my Pilates teacher would be very interested as well.Are there any CD or books?

would love to hear from you .Thank you

Comments

• Franziska
    Franziska Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015

Hi Linda,

So glad to hear you are on the way to recovery.Your response just told me , that I have to be patient and go slow.( this is hard for me....) but I'm getting slowly used to it.As I started work again a month ago and realized that I had no endurance even working only 1/2 days. Needed nana naps every day and often felt overwhelmed by the task just to lift or move a Patient.( I'm a Radigrapher )

My Pilates teacher and I will try  and follow what you said after my surgery.She has a dance background not physio, but is very interested.Here in Alice Springs we have a realy good support group and many dedicated people with one giving us yogalatis classes,but more yoga and meditation that pilates.I just feel need a bid more exercise for me.

Will let you know how all is going and probably will have lots more questions post surgery.

In the meantime , Stephen my husband and I having a pre surgery holiday on the south coast of WA to escape the relentless heat of Central Australia, that this year seems to linger arounf far to long.

Thank you and good luck with your recovery.

Franziska