I'm Sooo Spoilt

Options
Christine Denniss
Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
edited January 2011 in General discussion

Just want to let you all know how much I appreciate my darling husband. He spoils me rotten and is making me Honey Chicken Stir-Fry and Fried Rice for dinner.  I just hope I can taste it or I will have to fake it. I think my hubbys and partner in crime needs a huge hug and a Big Kiss for putting up with me the last week. I have been really sick and exhausted from the 2nd lot of FEC Chemo and he has been waiting on me hand and foot. I must get a pic of us both coz he is also bald (natural) and we look like twins. (just for prosperity so we can look back and laugh)

Also I want to thank a lovely lady (didnt get her name) that came up to me in the supermarket and asked if i was having chemo and to show off her new hair (5 months growth worth) about 3cm long, very proud. She was wonderful and told me not to give up and to fight coz there is a light at the end of the tunnel (just what I wanted to hear at the time).  I have had a few ladies come up to me and ask how Im going and I have no idea who they are but obviously know what i'm going through. Just makes me feel I'm not alone just like this website does.

Anywho, enough waffling on. Love you guys and hope you are keeping your head above water and can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Take Care {{{{HUGS}}}

Chrissy D xox :)

Comments

• Katie Allen
    Katie Allen Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Chrissy,

My name is Katie and I work in the Policy Team at BCNA. I just wanted to say I agree how good are husbands who cook you dinner? I hope you were able to enjoy the Honey Chicken Stir Fry and didn't have to fake it too much.

It is so good to hear that you have a great supportive network around you, who are taking such good care of you. I hope you continue to meet such wonderful people and good luck with the rest of the chemo. 

Here is to more wonderful dinners :)

Katie

• Christine Denniss
    Christine Denniss Member Posts: 216
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thank you Katie, I did have a wonderful dinner and i could taste most of it. I just wanted to acknowlegde the wonderful people in my life and all the people coming out of the woodworks to wish me well and encourage myself and my hubby to hang in there.

It gives me a warm happy glow and I felt so good after speaking to the unknown lady while shopping. It was just what I needed and i think it showed on my face.

Thanks for the reply.

Chrissy D xoxo :)

• di-p52
    di-p52 Member Posts: 89
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Chrissy

great to hear your hubby is so good to you and you have great support.

what on earth would we do without our loved ones?  My partner has taken over most of the cooking also, so I would be lost without him and probably starve to death!  I've never really had a 'love affair' with cooking or food and as my taste buds are still not what they used to be, I could quite easily forget to eat.  

Enjoy your wellness (doesnt quite look right, but I'm sure there is such a word)

Take care

Di  :)